Multiple System Updates for New Note 8

mbarbash

Mar 5, 2018
Visit site
I recently purchased a Note 8 and like it a lot. In the past couple of weeks, I've received repeated requests for System Update. I've updated twice, so far, but feel like this is a glitch. My options are only to delay the update. Any advice?

Last edited:

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Back in Dec there were two security updates.

Sometimes it actually helps even on a new phone to do full reset and start fresh, also set up as new.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
I'm on Verizon too and got two updates in a short period in Dec. However, what happened with you shouldn't happen. The latest update normally includes everything from the previous update. The latest update was pushed out about a week and a half ago so you should've only received one update. Since your using an unlocked Note 8, I'm not sure if that still applies.

monil

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm on Verizon too and got two updates in a short period in Dec. However, what happened with you shouldn't happen. The latest update normally includes everything from the previous update. The latest update was pushed out about a week and a half ago so you should've only received one update. Since your using an unlocked Note 8, I'm not sure if that still applies.

Well, I have seen it similar to OP a couple of times on other phones... I would be pushed with incremental updates till reaching the latest one. Beats me why.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch