Fell down face first from about 4 ft out of my hands. Using the Techematte/Amfilm one off of amazon.

Why i use tempered glass screen protectors-note-8-cracked.jpg
    Gray Area likes this.
    05-16-2018 10:01 AM
    Is that the tempered glass or the actual screen?
    05-16-2018 10:41 AM
    That looks like we're seeing the protector there. Hopefully, the actual phone screen came out OK.

My wife and I have both had our Note 8 screens saved by glass protectors. Hers dropped face down on pavement (with protruding gravel), and mine got crushed in the mechanism of a recliner chair. Both of our screens are perfect, and we have new protectors, of course.

Neither of us have any sensitivity problems, but I was very meticulous doing the cleaning, and then installing the protectors.
    Gray Area likes this.
    05-16-2018 01:32 PM
    Is that the tempered glass or the actual screen?
    the tempered glass, i left it on while waiting for replacement
    Gray Area likes this.
    05-16-2018 03:17 PM
    That looks like we're seeing the protector there. Hopefully, the actual phone screen came out OK.

My wife and I have both had our Note 8 screens saved by glass protectors. Hers dropped face down on pavement (with protruding gravel), and mine got crushed in the mechanism of a recliner chair. Both of our screens are perfect, and we have new protectors, of course.

Neither of us have any sensitivity problems, but I was very meticulous doing the cleaning, and then installing the protectors.
    correct, actual phone screen is still spotless
    Gray Area likes this.
    05-16-2018 03:17 PM
    correct, actual phone screen is still spotless
    Mine too, no screen protector and I've had it since September. To each his own I guess.
    05-16-2018 06:56 PM
    Fell down face first from about 4 ft out of my hands. Using the Techematte/Amfilm one off of amazon.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	note 8 cracked.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	560.9 KB 
ID:	284239
    How's the screen protector compared to the other one out there?
    05-17-2018 12:54 AM
    Just today I've taken my screen protector off my phone after messing about with tempered glass ones, liquid wet ones etc and I swear it's like a new phone without it.
    Gray Area likes this.
    05-17-2018 04:13 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	note 8 cracked.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	560.9 KB 
ID:	284239
    Glad you dodged a hefty repair bill!

I have the amfilm too, first tempered glass I've been able to tolerate on a curved screen! I actually really like it and will be using amfilm tempered glass on all my future notes and S devices! Also, it's much cheaper than the Whitestone dome and new zagg that people have been having good luck with as well.
    05-17-2018 05:20 AM
    Just today I've taken my screen protector off my phone after messing about with tempered glass ones, liquid wet ones etc and I swear it's like a new phone without it.
    I've had the opposite effect, I've not used tempered glass on a curved screen since the S6 edge because everytime I tried they failed miserably with sensitivity issues, coming off of the screen etc... So I've used the liquid screen protector and some films here and there. After putting the amfilm tempered glass on the note 8, I absolutely love it! It looks good, especially in a case, it feels nice, it's easier to clean fingerprints off compared to the actual screen. Plus I feel good knowing I have a layer of protection.
    05-17-2018 05:29 AM
    Never used the amfilm one but had a Otao one which was decent but texting on it was painful at times when you'd hit keys and nothing would happen.

I'm always more careful when my phone's nice and new but now it's 7 months old I'm not as fussy but will still try and keep it good.
    Gray Area likes this.
    05-17-2018 06:01 AM