UK: Galaxy Note 9 Pre-Order Thread

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
First work day with the new beast.

11hrs off charger, 3hrs of SOT, 4hrs of talk time, WiFi , Cell and Bluetooth on constant. - battery at 50pc. Seems improved over the 8.

Still seems better signal everywhere so far.

guitar_65riff

Jun 20, 2018
Visit site
So, after 3 days of knowing my Note 9 was sitting at home waiting for me, I finally got back and unboxed.
First impression - no different to my Note 8...twinge of disappointment.
Almost fitted in A Note 8 case - but not quite. So not that different in size
Felt nice of course like all new phones do.
But of course after 24hrs I love it.
Camera is excellent. I even played with the AR Emoji and it actually looks like me! Lol

It's quick, sleek and though I've yet to explore its many good points (Inc the pen) I'm pleased I upgraded.

And yes - seems to have better signal reception

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Damn, I'm still waiting to send mine in, getting annoying now as there will be next months direct debit going out in less than a week, phoned Samsung today and they are going for contact the company tasked with receiving the phones from the upgrade program.

But I don't understand why there is a delay when you guys got your return packaging days ago, when we got the phones the same day.

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Damn, I'm still waiting to send mine in, getting annoying now as there will be next months direct debit going out in less than a week, phoned Samsung today and they are going for contact the company tasked with receiving the phones from the upgrade program.

But I don't understand why there is a delay when you guys got your return packaging days ago, when we got the phones the same day.
Strange. Definitely contact them.
Email states that it will sort direct debits out, so you deffo want to get it in asap.Screenshot_20180830-210255_Gmail.jpg

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Yeah that's the number I have been calling, and both times they mentioned it could take up to 7 days but their busy. So tomorrow if there is still no satisfactory contact from them there will be a firm email going to them

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Received letter from close brothers today stating note 8 account been settled by Samsung and closed. All pretty slick.

Hmmm I've been on to Samsung and the company they employ to receive the return phones and they are both blaming eachother for the delay, my last email to Samsung was 'Just give me the damn address to send my Note 8 to, it will be sent via special delivery anyway'

So you received your Note 9 same day as me and your account settled in 1 week, whereas mine will take another week at best, it's crazy, no uniform pattern at all.
The main annoying thing is that there will be an extra payment to Close Brothers for my Note 8 if this isn't resolved very soon.

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Before getting the letter stating that the account had been settled by Samsung, I received an invoice from close brothers with an amount of c£425.

Got another email from them about 6hrs later saying it was now closed.

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Yesterday Samsung informed me that the company had assured them that I would get the pack in 24 -48 hours! Ok so 24 hours is up today, let's see if it arrives tomorrow.
Just checking the Close Bros plan, next payment is due around 18th so I've literally got 2 weeks, if it does happen to go over I'll be asking them to cover it!
Anyone else in the UK on the upgrade program getting this delay?

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Yesterday Samsung informed me that the company had assured them that I would get the pack in 24 -48 hours! Ok so 24 hours is up today, let's see if it arrives tomorrow.
Just checking the Close Bros plan, next payment is due around 18th so I've literally got 2 weeks, if it does happen to go over I'll be asking them to cover it!
Anyone else in the UK on the upgrade program getting this delay?
Still no sign mate?

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Sold mine today :(

Well; sort of :( but more :)

Just not the right phone for me and TBH; sick of carrying 2 handsets around for personal and business; so sold my Pixel XL too and bought a OP6

All set up; it's very good phone indeed, more so for a standard user like me

Yes; the screen on the OP6 isn't as bright as the Note 9; but other than that, bar the S Pen which I'd rarely use, if ever, its still as good a handset for my simple needs ;)

It was fun while it lasted ;)

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Sold mine today :(

Well; sort of :( but more :)

Just not the right phone for me and TBH; sick of carrying 2 handsets around for personal and business; so sold my Pixel XL too and bought a OP6

All set up; it's very good phone indeed, more so for a standard user like me

Yes; the screen on the OP6 isn't as bright as the Note 9; but other than that, bar the S Pen which I'd rarely use, if ever, its still as good a handset for my simple needs ;)

It was fun while it lasted ;)
The only OP I have not owned so far is the 6. Looks like a great device for the money.

Why did you not get the dual SIM 9? ( I have one )

Did you sell the 9 privately? Lose much?

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
The only OP I have not owned so far is the 6. Looks like a great device for the money.

Why did you not get the dual SIM 9? ( I have one )

Did you sell the 9 privately? Lose much?

It was via my O2 contract, so single sim only and got £800 for it with all the cases and wireless charger thrown in too etc

Last edited:

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, Close Brothers took another payment grrrr.
Still waiting on word from Samsung/Close Brothers on next step, they received the phone on Monday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87