Samsung trade in still on EIP

theelite1x87

Trusted Member
Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I couldn't find a direct answer elsewhere. Me and my wife preordered and received our note 9s direct from Samsung. They offered a better trade in deal. I'm trading in my S8 plus, shes trading her v20. We still owe a little bit on tmobile EIP. Terms of trade said we are responsible for any remaining payment. Of course, I'm going to pay them. But I was hoping to pay them off over course of 2 or 3 months. Do I need to pay off our remaining balance in full immediately before we send them in for trade or can I keep payments current with tmobile and just pay it off over next couple months? I'm not changing anything with my tmobile account.i called Samsung directly and they just repeated the terms ad nauseam that I'm responsible for paying any remaining payments. I dont think she understood my question.

eRod v1.0

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I couldn't find a direct answer elsewhere. Me and my wife preordered and received our note 9s direct from Samsung. They offered a better trade in deal. I'm trading in my S8 plus, shes trading her v20. We still owe a little bit on tmobile EIP. Terms of trade said we are responsible for any remaining payment. Of course, I'm going to pay them. But I was hoping to pay them off over course of 2 or 3 months. Do I need to pay off our remaining balance in full immediately before we send them in for trade or can I keep payments current with tmobile and just pay it off over next couple months? I'm not changing anything with my tmobile account.i called Samsung directly and they just repeated the terms ad nauseam that I'm responsible for paying any remaining payments. I dont think she understood my question.

TMO will bill you for the full amount remaining on each phone.

theelite1x87

Trusted Member
Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
TMO will bill you for the full amount remaining on each phone.

I'm technically already being billed full amount. I'm just making 30 a month payments. I got 6 or 7 months left before all payments are satisfied. So after I trade device into Samsung, tmobile will suddenly want everything immediately?

atlas9171

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm technically already being billed full amount. I'm just making 30 a month payments. I got 6 or 7 months left before all payments are satisfied. So after I trade device into Samsung, tmobile will suddenly want everything immediately?

You can't trade in a phone that you have an outstanding balance on. You have to pay it off before trading in.

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site

You'll still have to pay it off but Samsung won't care.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
It's a big risk. Samsung would send you an email saying it didn't meet the trade in criteria and give you $25 only. Plus you won't get your phone back. Plus you'll still be paying on the phone.
Exactly. It says right on the front page. You probably can't activate a phone with an active lease by someone else.