Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
I have X and it was going to be X Plus or Note. Had Note 8 but traded it in. If the Plus had 6GB and stylus, maybe. But also iOS desktop isn't up to snuff.

guitar_65riff

Jun 20, 2018
Visit site
My question is for anyone that previously had the note 8 and upgraded to the note 9. Do you have any regrets that you should have stayed with your note 8 and saved your money or not feeling there is much of a difference between the two
Hi yes i have regrets. I'm glad you bought it up. Not sure what I'm doing wrong but my photos were better with note 8. I already used developer settings on 8 so I see no vast increase in speed.
And I just don't see enough difference to justify the large sum of money paid out. Side by side they are virtually the same. So yes I'm a little disappointed
If I could turn the clock back I wouldn't have upgraded.
There, I've admitted it!

Dasein

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I've been debating whether to upgrade from my Pixel to the Note 9 or to wait for the Pixel 3. I decided to get the Note 9 and I don't think that I'll have any regrets. This phone is wonderful.

guitar_65riff

Jun 20, 2018
Visit site
If I'd been upgrading from any other phone - I'd be ecstatic with the Note 9 but coming from Note 8 there isn't enough difference.
I've been debating whether to upgrade from my Pixel to the Note 9 or to wait for the Pixel 3. I decided to get the Note 9 and I don't think that I'll have any regrets. This phone is wonderful.

phusebox

Aug 30, 2018
Visit site
I regretted it from day one. Battery life is just awful, must be the worse I have ever had in a phone.

I get about 15-16 hrs battery life with 3 hrs screen on time. Samsung and the store won't do anything about it... I can't return it because I had to cut out the barcode in order to get my trade in deal... Paid 1000 euros for a phone that won't even last a day of light use.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Battery life is just awful, must be the wors[t] I have ever had in a phone.

I get about 15-16 hrs battery life with 3 hrs screen on time.
That's what I used to get on my Note8, but my Note9 has been more like 25 hours, with 4-5 hours screen time. That's with no power saving, full resolution, all radios on (but with adaptive WiFi).

Have your apps, settings, or signal strength changed much since your previous phone? What apps or services are listed as using the most battery charge? If you experiment by booting into Safe Mode awhile, how does your battery life compare?

phusebox

Aug 30, 2018
Visit site
That's what I used to get on my Note8, but my Note9 has been more like 25 hours, with 4-5 hours screen time. That's with no power saving, full resolution, all radios on (but with adaptive WiFi).

Have your apps, settings, or signal strength changed much since your previous phone? What apps or services are listed as using the most battery charge? If you experiment by booting into Safe Mode awhile, how does your battery life compare?

I have started using less apps because else I won't make it through the day. Signal strength is the same. I do aggressive power saving on this phone just so it won't die on me before the day is done.

I tried the Safe Mode for a day, and that was better, but still only just about what everybody else is getting with all the bells and whistles turned on.

When I am browsing or on WhatsApp I just see the percentages drop in front of my eyes. At one time I had 17% battery use per hour!

maher shtat

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
No regret at all the phone is great piece of technology but the only problem is the big size of the phone it is hard to grip in one hand.

Rohan Maheria

May 12, 2015
Visit site
I'll regret it if they launch galaxy x or whatever they come up with in 2018. Like come on Samsung at least give 6 months to note 9 to be a flagship.

anon(20964)

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Got the Unlocked 128G Lavender. Put it on T-mobile. Absolutely no regrets. Wonderful phone. Transfer and setup from Note 8 was simple and fast.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I have started using less apps because else I won't make it through the day. Signal strength is the same. I do aggressive power saving on this phone just so it won't die on me before the day is done.

I tried the Safe Mode for a day, and that was better, but still only just about what everybody else is getting with all the bells and whistles turned on.

When I am browsing or on WhatsApp I just see the percentages drop in front of my eyes. At one time I had 17% battery use per hour!

Have u switched off wifi and bluetooth scanning in the background...that east up lot of battery...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non