TurdRon_FergusonBurgundy

Jul 10, 2018
Visit site
I purchased the black Note 9 today along with a yellow SPEN and am going without a case. I did purchase the Premium Care warranty like I always do (also always purchase Applecare+ with my iPhones) so I have peace in mind while living day to day life without it protected.

Phaeden Dev

Aug 14, 2018
Visit site
I've been w/o a case for the past few years starting with my Note 5. I found that going naked forced me to respect the phone; and I started treating the device like it was an expensive piece of equipment, which it is ;). When I upgraded to the Note 9 last month I kept the respect by going sans case. My wife on the other hand got a clear case for her 9. She thinks I'm nuts.

It's all about what you perceive is in your pocket.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
No pets or cords too! But I do like to use it sans case. I don't take it with me though and house is fully carpeted.

A case that blocked Bixby from accidentally pressing would be great.

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I've been w/o a case for the past few years starting with my Note 5. I found that going naked forced me to respect the phone; and I started treating the device like it was an expensive piece of equipment, which it is ;). When I upgraded to the Note 9 last month I kept the respect by going sans case. My wife on the other hand got a clear case for her 9. She thinks I'm nuts.

It's all about what you perceive is in your pocket.

Bro just dont wear gym shorts. That phone slides out like its coated in some ky.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
No pets or cords too! But I do like to use it sans case. I don't take it with me though and house is fully carpeted.

A case that blocked Bixby from accidentally pressing would be great.

I remember seeing somewhere that some were customising their cases to revive the bixby button part so there was less chance of catching the bixby button.

jdraket

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I agree! I don't use a case or a screen protector either. They just ruin the experience for me. Just gotta be careful! My phones are always still lookin' great years later. :D

TournaFlyer

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
Been using a skin, a Rhinoshield Grash Guard bumper and tempered glass since my Note5 (Whitestone on the "8" and "9") ... after several drops and LOTS of use The "5" and "8" both looked brand new when I got my next Note...

mmcpher

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Maybe someday they will make an indestructible phone that would allow clumsy oafs like me to use them without destroying them. But not today, so I too have tried the Spogen Armour case (wallet version) which is quite good but utterly transforms the look and feel of the phone. I am currently using a HianDier Note 9 Wallet Case which is surprisingly well-made (it feels like good leather) particulalry for the price. One of the issues I encounter is that the cases often interfere with wireless charging. Another is they can obstruct the fingerprint reader a bit, and also make accessing the S-Pen more diffcult. I usually wind up affixing a metal metal adhesive piece to the back of the case so it works with my magnetic car mounts. I have a Vena vCommute Wallet case on my Note 8 (back up) and it has room for two or 3 credit cards and is very sturdy and has a back-flap that covers the credit cards and conveniently has enough metal within it to make an additional metal plate unnecessary, as it just holds in place on the magnetic car moun. Vena hasn't released their Note 9 version yet.

mrich70

May 15, 2010
Visit site
There is NO WAY!! I have never broken a device with or without a case, however I would never take this $1000 beauty anywhere without in being encased. And that truly means "case", not a Dbrand skin. I use SUPCASE Unicorn Beetle Neo (SUPCASE makes the best cases on the market.)

RandomGuy Yo

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
I've been using it naked since I seen this thread, feels so good in the hand (flossy) I'm really not liking my case anymore. I have a rhinoshield solid suite coming in Saturday hopefully I like that one.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
I've been using it naked since I seen this thread, feels so good in the hand (flossy) I'm really not liking my case anymore. I have a rhinoshield solid suite coming in Saturday hopefully I like that one.

" Giggity... ladies you know the procedures "

I'm using a Spigen Ultra Hybrid Matt Black case right now.

The Rhinoshield Crashguard Bumper is on its way to me from pre order.

Chromium 4

May 28, 2017
Visit site
No...not at this price point. I usually opt for a thin, clear case. This time out I purchased a SUPCASE Full Body Rugged with screen protector. I bought a couple of others for when I wanted to change things up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87