Note 9 is not a major upgrade from Note 8

datum9

May 30, 2013
Visit site
The specs and features and very similar - screen size, etc. for all practical purposes, this did not deserve a major version upgrade from 8 to 9 but this is rather version 8.1 and does not deserve a major release.

IMO just a scheme to generate more sales, pretending it's a new phone.

Same goes for S8 to S9.

If it got a much bigger battery, a bigger screen or a different ratio or something significant.

AARON BRYANT2

Jun 10, 2018
Visit site
The battery and dual speakers alone were worth it for me, let alone getting slightly bigger screen, bluetooth s pen, better PQ, Dolby Atmos, AI camera (which I do notice quite a difference), 4k 60fps recording, faster processor, better fingerprint sensor placement, water cooling, and double the internal storage.

linkiik121

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
The battery was the best thing. Finally a phone that can last all day. I take of the charger at 7am and 1am in still like 20 percent. This is with 7 sot....over an hour of phone calls, Instagram, browsing,YouTube, email, texts , notes , etc. it's just amazing. what's the point of a phone this powerful if you need to limit use in fear of the battery dying. That is the game changer.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I think the sound through the speaker when on speaker phone is as clear as I've ever heard. It's like the person is in the room with you. Also 512gb is very nice.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
If it got a much bigger battery, a bigger screen or a different ratio or something significant.

Lol, really do you now know the specs of the N9. Listen not everyone needs to upgrade from a N8 to a N9 but to some its worth it. To each their own but you're a little late to this discussion.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
FPS is 10x better than my N8.

Improved stylus too.

My hope is full native support for Project Treble - a lot of work invested - pays dividends.

SD845.

Better DeX support.

kevinpleasants

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
The specs and features and very similar - screen size, etc. for all practical purposes, this did not deserve a major version upgrade from 8 to 9 but this is rather version 8.1 and does not deserve a major release.

Same goes for S8 to S9.

I guess you think if it had the Fingerprint scanner under the screen that would have been a major version upgrade . Then you'd be complaining about how slow the fps under the screen is compared to the one on the back.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site

Same goes for S8 to S9.

Cool story bro but most of us totally disagree. It is a significant upgrade. Return it and get something else that suits you.

bbgpsuser

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
Someone came late to the party....

Personally I don't think that Samsung expected every Note 8 user to jump to a Note 9. They are probably targeting those people who considered the Note 8 but hadn't yet made the purchase.

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Someone came late to the party....

Personally I don't think that Samsung expected every Note 8 user to jump to a Note 9. They are probably targeting those people who considered the Note 8 but hadn't yet made the purchase.

Yes...like me with a Note 5,,.. :). Well HAD a Note 5....I am rocking a Note 9 now. :)

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
The Note 9 is better in almost every way, just because it has the same design language doesn't mean it's the same phone.

SDTRMG

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
never owned a note 8 or any note before, but this phone is AMAZING! I don't know what I've been doing without the s Pen.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Classic click bait thread. Note 8.1? The Note9 has a lot of smaller upgrades that amount to overall upgraded phone. It may not be for everyone. If you want the very best, then yes. No phone is a must have upgrade over the the previous version.