Screen went completely black

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I don't have a question. I just want to share my experience with people who can understand my pain. lol So I almost had several small heart attacks because the screen on my phone that I've had all of 21 days decided it wanted to go completely black and would not turn back on while i was on the way home. i also had a brain fart and couldn't remember how to reset my phone although I've done it a million times before. So i had to wait until i got home to look up how to do it. That had to have been the most panicked car ride ever. I don't think i've ever screamed "Oh my f*cking god !" so many times in the 15 minutes that it took to reach my house. Luckily a reset was all i needed.Super epic meltdown has partially been averted..... for today . lol

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Glad you got it sorted, but to have an unresponsive device at 21 days is rather odd.
I agree. I'm debating on whether I should go ahead and report what happened to att or just wait to see if it happens again. I definately would hate for it to do it again and I can't fix it with a reset.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Go to Device Maintenance in Settings and see if anything crashed or reported.

My phone was sluggish and I was ready to restart and clean cache, which I did along with storage cache for social media apps. But AccuWeather had crashed 6 times so uninstalled it. Don't like it anyway.

Having a protective case can something pinch screen or sides and cause false touch.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I agree. I'm debating on whether I should go ahead and report what happened to att or just wait to see if it happens again. I definately would hate for it to do it again and I can't fix it with a reset.
I would. At least you can argue that you reported something in case the warranty window is in question.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I don't have a question. I just want to share my experience with people who can understand my pain. lol So I almost had several small heart attacks because the screen on my phone that I've had all of 21 days decided it wanted to go completely black and would not turn back on while i was on the way home. i also had a brain fart and couldn't remember how to reset my phone although I've done it a million times before. So i had to wait until i got home to look up how to do it. That had to have been the most panicked car ride ever. I don't think i've ever screamed "Oh my f*cking god !" so many times in the 15 minutes that it took to reach my house. Luckily a reset was all i needed.Super epic meltdown has partially been averted..... for today . lol
Did you install any apps before it happened?

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Which firmware did the phone have at the time of the crash? There was a recent stability update (ARH4) that may have addressed the issue.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Which firmware did the phone have at the time of the crash? There was a recent stability update (ARH4) that may have addressed the issue.
I'm on ARG9. I haven't gotten any updates since I've gotten the phone. I'm actually still on July security still.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm on ARG9. I haven't gotten any updates since I've gotten the phone. I'm actually still on July security still.
Weird. I've gotten three firmware updates since ARG9. Current one is ARH6 (September security patch). What's your brand/carrier? I have an unlocked phone on T-Mobile.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I did an online chat with at&t to see what they could do for my phone because since my little black out episode my phone screen flickers . It doesn't do it another, but every now and then. The rep told me to put the phone in safe mode and see if the screen still does it. I told him that at that moment the screen was fine and that it only flickers ever so often. It's not a constant flicker. This man said ok since the screen isn't flickering we've fixed it with safe mode. I said no we didn't fix anything just because we put the phone in safe mode. I never thought I could get anymore frustrated with at&t. I didn't think it was possible.🤣🤣🤣

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
So you've done a full factory erase/reset? Tried lightly flexing the phone with some pressure on the screen so see if it happes? How many days left to return it? Sounds like a physical problem.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
So you've done a full factory erase/reset? Tried lightly flexing the phone with some pressure on the screen so see if it happes? How many days left to return it? Sounds like a physical problem.
No factory reset yet. I'm well past the 14 day return period. The past two days it hasn't flicked so I'm waiting to see if it happens again before I reset it or call att.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
If the symptom sounded familiar to some app conflict I would make another suggestion. But if not and no one else has any suggestion, then only to cut to the chase of eliminating idea of software issue, I tend to just recommend the reset if you were close to your return date.

Will a factory reset help?

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
If the symptom sounded familiar to some app conflict I would make another suggestion. But if not and no one else has any suggestion, then only to cut to the chase of eliminating idea of software issue, I tend to just recommend the reset if you were close to your return date.

A factory reset never hurts anything. It's no fun and it's time consuming and there's always the chance something didn't get backed up but FR is good for a phone :)

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Did the reset. So far so good. No flickering yet. The only issue is the time it takes to reset up my device and get it back how I want it.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
How do I get rid of the wifi calling notification? I keep turning it off, but I still get a notification and I forgot how I turned it off last time. Lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mehammed