Note 9 Bluetooth Issues

DaBlackman619

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Is anyone having trouble with the Bluetooth on the Note 9 ? My Gear S3 Frontier and Power Beats keep disconnecting by themselves from bluetooth. I tried un pairing, clearing the bluetooth cache and all but still nothing works. Anyone have any other suggestions ?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I do voice texting often as well, usually when I'm on the go somewhere. Are the system apps updated and is the gear s3 updated? I havent had bluetooth issues with mine usually connect to the car for the commute to n from work.

Richard Stewart79

Sep 3, 2018
Visit site
My gear 3 was continuously disconnecting even on my note 8. It still is doing the same thing on my note 9. I'm thinking it started happening right after the last major
Gear update and it's not phone related. I used to get over 50 ft range and now barely 15-20 ft

Fit24

Trusted Member
Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
My bluetooth works fine; I haven't had any problems with my Power Beats or any of my other devices disconnecting.

Rhyalus

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I can’t say for sure if this is a fix, but I have been seeing the same thing. I have the new Galaxy watch and the note 9...

I went to Bluetooth - advanced - dual audio and turned it on.

One day so far, and no problems. It could be coincidence but it may be worth a try.

Good luck,
R

Mandarita

Sep 19, 2017
Visit site
I've got a Gear S3 connected, too. No problems there. I have it set to Smartlock, but the phone seems to detect my face before ty heat comes into play more often then not. I also have 3 headphones, 2 speakers and one earpiece connected. Bluetooth has been grand so far. I love being able to send just one app to my speakers. Great addition.

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
I use Bluetooth in my car, I have not had any issues with it disconnecting. I had an hour commute home today (stupid as rain) it worked flawlessly. I have my airbuds connected to it as well. Use them for 1+ hours each day and no issue there.

Bianca Horkan

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
My Fitbit Versa and my Clarisonic Smart won't stay connected to my Note 9.

I'm mainly concerned with my Fitbit not staying connected.

guruleenyc

Dec 13, 2018
Visit site
I'm having a similar issue. My Powerbeats3 is paired fine but they connect for 5sec and then disconnect 4x before staying connected on my Note 9. They were previously paired with my Note 4.

Do you think a reset of the PB is necessary?

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I have six BT devices paired with my Verizon version Note 9. 3 car head units and 3 watches. The watches are a Samsung Gear 2 Neo that runs Android Wear v1.5, a Fossil Explorist and a Fossil Marshal. Both Fossil watches are on Wear OS. No issues connecting and staying connected to any of the six devices.