Notification inconsistencies!

ven23

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
Hey all :)

Not sure if I'm posting this in the right place but I have a Note9 so it looks like as good a place as any.

I posted a welcome thread as I've been an iPhone user for the last 10 years but made the switch to Android last week.

After a week of use I have to say, I'm very disappointed at how hit or miss the notifications are. Honestly, something I never experienced with iOS.

Sometimes I get the flashing LED, sometimes I don't.
Sometimes it chimes, sometimes it doesn't (not on silent).
Sometimes emails come up on the notification banner but no red bubble over the email app. Sometimes there is a red bubble.
Sometimes the emails disappear if I look at them on my computer first, sometimes they don't.
Sometimes I'll clear the notification from the app but it still appears in the banner.
Just an array of things I never had concerns about on iOS.

I read before buying my Note9 that Android notifications are far superior to iOS...not the case for me I'm afraid.

I don't know, maybe something I'm doing but I've checked and double-checked the settings and everything seems to be as it should.

Anyone else experience similar or am I really just doing something wrong?! :-

freddyttt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Check out an app good luck 2018 in the Samsung store. Then check out floating notifications.... hope that helps. On the flip I've turned off all notifications except text calls and snaps. Don't need every instagram/facebook/Twitter. As far as email I check a few times a day. Works well