OnePlus 6t. Who's switching.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I am. Like I said, on the Addict thread that the Note 9 ranks third. Huawei P20 Pro and iPhone XS.

Selling my 9 this afternoon hopefully goes through.

I sold my OnePlus 6 for it now I'm going back. Life is so hard. lol

No complaints must want the latest and want to see this Display FPS.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I am. Like I said, on the Addict thread that the Note 9 ranks third. Huawei P20 Pro and iPhone XS.

Selling my 9 this afternoon hopefully goes through.

I sold my OnePlus 6 for it now I'm going back. Life is so hard. lol

No complaints must want the latest and want to see this Display FPS.

I'm sticking with the 1+6 which is solid device , I'm not into the in display fingerprint sensor.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Ahhh Bembol , when your in so many forums like me you lose where u are sometimes lol.... NOTE 9 to 1+6t that's big NO. I'll hold on my 1+6 but for a phone to make me give up my Note 9 it has to exceed what it brings to the table which will probably be the Note 10. I wouldn't mine keeping my note for another 2 or 3 years .

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Obviously, the oneplus brand brings a lot of bang for the buck. But the phone itself is not equal to the Note or even the s9 IMO. Better display, camera, better speakers, fully waterproof,Samsung pay, and the s pen. Those advantages come at a cost. If you want the best, then the Note is the best choice.

Last edited:

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Man, I couldn't go through the setting up of a new phone every other month for the sake of having the latest phone - especially all the effort of ordering and getting the Note 9. I won't want to have to do that again until the Note 10.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Man, I couldn't go through the setting up of a new phone every other month for the sake of having the latest phone - especially all the effort of ordering and getting the Note 9. I won't want to have to do that again until the Note 10.
If you factory reset with any frequency, you get used to it. Having a launcher with a backup helps.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
If you factory reset with any frequency, you get used to it. Having a launcher with a backup helps.

I have Nova and my launcher's settings are the least of my worries. It's actually reinstalling all those hundreds of apps and then reestablishing the accounts, etc. Backing up and restoring SMS and my other chat histories, etc. I don't use SmartSwitch since I don't like to copy potential problems over, but that's just for Samsung phones. I wouldn't even have that option going to another maker.

I reserve having to do this to once a year max when I switch phones. :)

cknobman

May 15, 2018
Visit site
Yeah I love switching phones every few months and wasting tons of money. :confused:

Phone with fewer features and a smaller battery, add in the loss on a nearly new Note 9.

Sounds like a very tempting deal......................................... if you are a tool.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I am debating between the Note 9 and and the OP6T. Waiting for the event today to decide. Price is going to be a factor. I was also looking at the V40 but I just don't think the camera is good enough. Played with the Note 9 a couple times, with the camera and its very good. Currently running a Pixel 2 which is a solid device. The camera is phenomenal and is only marginally better than the Note 9 playing with both taking pics at the store. However I've had Notes in the past and a few S devices and they just always had way more stuff on them than I needed. The only reason I'm even looking is I want a bigger screen but I'm not thrilled with what the Pixel 3 offers for the price and I'm not sold on the curved edge on the Note. However the 6T losing the rear FP sensor might be an issue for me as I think it is the best place for the FP sensor. We shall see, really depends on how good the picture quality is.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
If I wasn't getting a note 9 I would be looking at the Huawei deal with the mate 20 pro with the new Huawei watch and a wireless charger included.
Obviously if you are in the US it might be a little more difficult to get

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I love switching phones every few months and wasting tons of money. :confused:

Phone with fewer features and a smaller battery, add in the loss on a nearly new Note 9.

Sounds like a very tempting deal......................................... if you are a tool.
That's not very nice. LOL

I agree I wish I could stick with one even once a year but that's the problem with addiction.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I've always liked what I've seen from OnePlus from the beginning. The T sounds like a great phone and would have made a great argument for going with the T and giving up a little bit to the competition if this phone was released in beginning of year versus the competition like S9 at full price. But like Mr. Mobile mentions is video below at the 5:30 mark, you can get an S9 for $599 now. So, for me, if I had to make the choice at the prices I can get these phones now, I'd go with the S9 just because you do get the extra features like the QHD display and the stereo speakers, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Q1RA-Xl9hU

I am debating between the Note 9 and and the OP6T. Waiting for the event today to decide. Price is going to be a factor. I was also looking at the V40 but I just don't think the camera is good enough. Played with the Note 9 a couple times, with the camera and its very good. Currently running a Pixel 2 which is a solid device. The camera is phenomenal and is only marginally better than the Note 9 playing with both taking pics at the store. However I've had Notes in the past and a few S devices and they just always had way more stuff on them than I needed. The only reason I'm even looking is I want a bigger screen but I'm not thrilled with what the Pixel 3 offers for the price and I'm not sold on the curved edge on the Note. However the 6T losing the rear FP sensor might be an issue for me as I think it is the best place for the FP sensor. We shall see, really depends on how good the picture quality is.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, really sucks how the government basically pushed Huawei out of the US market and when carrier like AT&T was about to carry them. Huawei is releasing some nice looking phones.

If I wasn't getting a note 9 I would be looking at the Huawei deal with the mate 20 pro with the new Huawei watch and a wireless charger included.
Obviously if you are in the US it might be a little more difficult to get

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non