how do you all clean and sanitize your phone?

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Cold and flu season is here. I'm wondering the best way to clean my phone? I'm seeing this device called a phone soap that uses UV light to sanitize it? Anyone heard of this? What do you use to clean your phone?

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
I don't. I am the only one who uses it so no worries of flu bugs. I would recommend an alcohol wipe the you clean eyeglasses with. That will kill anything on there.

goji26

Mar 10, 2018
Visit site
I don't. I am the only one who uses it so no worries of flu bugs. I would recommend an alcohol wipe the you clean eyeglasses with. That will kill anything on there.
That'd be true if you don't touch anything else during your daily routine. If you touch door knobs, soap dispensers, gas pumps, etc, you most definitely come in contact with all sorts of bacteria and viruses.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm the only one who uses my phone. Just give it a once over with any good disinfectant wipe. This whole dirtiest thing you touch is a bit over hyped IMO.

gyounk

Sep 9, 2017
Visit site
Cold and flu season is here. I'm wondering the best way to clean my phone? I'm seeing this device called a phone soap that uses UV light to sanitize it? Anyone heard of this? What do you use to clean your phone?

I use phonesoap

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Alcohol wipes work for me. If I let someone use my phone I just throw the whole phone away afterwards and get a new one.lol

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
No worries - the Note 9 has a Self-Disinfecting chip! Its factory set to activate once per day. You can change the frequency and other options in security settings. This feature is disabled though on all carrier models, as well as all unlocked and international editions - so you may not see it on yours.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Have a non alcohol spray for my glasses, use it on my phone with micro cloth. Sometimes, I'll run my glasses under hot water and use a little mild hand foam soap on them, dry with thebmocrofiber, then use microfiber on the phone.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I use nothing but water moisture to clean my phone. I don't know what other substances might do to the oleophobic coating. If you don't constantly disinfect every other object you often touch, doing it to your phone probably makes little difference, unless there's a specific known exposure you're concerned about.

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
I use nothing but water moisture to clean my phone. I don't know what other substances might do to the oleophobic coating. If you don't constantly disinfect every other object you often touch, doing it to your phone probably makes little difference, unless there's a specific known exposure you're concerned about.

Agreed.

OJsakila

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site

This. I've also heard it's bad to use ANY chemical on your phone screen, TV screen, sunglasses, etc. I'm not sure if it's 100% glass with zero coatings of something on it..lol..alchol and what not would certainly cause damage after a while...it does on my polorized Ray bans, I know that much. Grrr. .