AT&T December Update Patch

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Uploading on my New thread for Odin AT&T N960USQS1ARJA Latest Official November Update https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-note-9/how-to/stock-official-attodinn960usqs1arja-t3875623

O.K. Ruben, it still doesn't make a lot of sense to me... it's been a long time since a played around with this stuff but it was never this crazy before! I think it was with my Note 5, I did some Oreo Beta testing but then when AT&T finally came out with Oreo, I used Odin to go back to Nougat so that I could get the actual AT&T Oreo OTA... I had to go back to an older version of Nougat then patch up through about 4 patches to get current but hey! Now, I used your Odin ARJA file to go back to ARJA (where I was a week ago) from my ARK3 mistake, then just did the necessary stuff to get it running. I then did the SD Card ARK5 Patch thinking it should NOT wipe the phone again (thank god I didn't set everything up) but it did! Anyway, I'm at ARK5 and all set up - my question is, with the Note 9, are we tripping Knox by using Odin and that's why every patch we do wipes the phone now and every time we ask AT&T if there's any updates we get "Your Software is up to Date" even if there's a Security Update available?

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
O.K. Ruben, it still doesn't make a lot of sense to me... it's been a long time since a played around with this stuff but it was never this crazy before! I think it was with my Note 5, I did some Oreo Beta testing but then when AT&T finally came out with Oreo, I used Odin to go back to Nougat so that I could get the actual AT&T Oreo OTA... I had to go back to an older version of Nougat then patch up through about 4 patches to get current but hey! Now, I used your Odin ARJA file to go back to ARJA (where I was a week ago) from my ARK3 mistake, then just did the necessary stuff to get it running. I then did the SD Card ARK5 Patch thinking it should NOT wipe the phone again (thank god I didn't set everything up) but it did! Anyway, I'm at ARK5 and all set up - my question is, with the Note 9, are we tripping Knox by using Odin and that's why every patch we do wipes the phone now and every time we ask AT&T if there's any updates we get "Your Software is up to Date" even if there's a Security Update available?

Odin files are Official, so it will not trip Knox at all , i have been doing this for year's, So you won't have to worry at all , also the zip leaks will not trip Knox at all.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

He is correct

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Odin files are Official, so it will not trip Knox at all , i have been doing this for year's, So you won't have to worry at all , also the zip leaks will not trip Knox at all.
So, the reason the ARK5 file on the SD Card wipes the phone is because it's a full 4.4GB firmware file and NOT just the xxMB OTA patch we would normally get from AT&T?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: That's not right either! I just noticed the ARJA>ARK5 file was only 196MB yet still wiped my damned phone???
Dunno.jpg

Last edited:

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
finally made it to December. hopefully everything will go smoothly now. if not me and this December patch are going to be best friends just like july and i. thanks again to everyone who helped. now back to setting up my phone again. lol

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So, the reason the ARK5 file on the SD Card wipes the phone is because it's a full 4.4GB firmware file and NOT just the xxMB OTA patch we would normally get from AT&T?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: That's not right either! I just noticed the ARJA>ARK5 file was only 196MB yet still wiped my damned phone???
View attachment 295082

Yeah always chance it's going wipe , just got be patient going through Odin or sd zip update.

cdmadon

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Hey Mustang. Quick question. I was too stuck on July update since I received the phone at launch. Took to Best Buy yesterday and the updated to November update. Fingers crossed if will update OTA from now on. Said something about corrupt binaries??

Anyway, my question.... With them flashing the Nov update and I was on July, do I get all the updates in between? ie, the camera update?

Thanks

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hey Mustang. Quick question. I was too stuck on July update since I received the phone at launch. Took to Best Buy yesterday and the updated to November update. Fingers crossed if will update OTA from now on. Said something about corrupt binaries??

Anyway, my question.... With them flashing the Nov update and I was on July, do I get all the updates in between? ie, the camera update?

Thanks

Hi , yes you do and hopefully November update get your guys att back to just hitting the update button

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Wow seriously? I'm still on July patch.lmao

That's weird. I'm in Nigeria. Bought my Note 9 on the 23rd of November. Got the October and November patches immediately I finished setting up the phone.P.S IJUST read to the end of the thread and saw your problem was resolved. Congratulations😀

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
finally made it to December. hopefully everything will go smoothly now. if not me and this December patch are going to be best friends just like july and i. thanks again to everyone who helped. now back to setting up my phone again. lol

This is my "Tada" emoji... I made it in Photoshop! Congrats sweetypie31!!!

Tada.jpg

...the other one you've been seeing is my "WTH?" emoji! Appropriate for all the stuff we've been going through lately!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress