Do I even want to upgrade to One UI?

sonnnet

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
With the one touch AOD, is there a way of then dismissing it, ie turning it off again, or do you have to wait 30 secs (or wake then sleep your phone which isn't a good way)?

sonnnet

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
Re one touch AOD, I don't think there is a way. That's a shame in my opinion although I'm sure someone will disagree with me.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
With the one touch AOD, is there a way of then dismissing it, ie turning it off again, or do you have to wait 30 secs (or wake then sleep your phone which isn't a good way)?

There was couple settings if I remember correctly on pie build one was tap to see then always on and last was not on at all.

sonnnet

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
By not checking for update
Yep. Turn off auto download. You'll probably get a fairly persistent notification at some point, but you can ignore it.
However, albeit after only one day, I've had no issues with Pie/ One UI and the extra features are quite nice if not revolutionary.

sonnnet

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
There was couple settings if I remember correctly on pie build one was tap to see then always on and last was not on at all.
Yep, see screenshot. For one touch, it will turn off in 30 secs, you can't terminate before that. Not a huge deal, but I thought it would be cool to be able to toggle on and off your schedule for instance, not keep it on there for a full 30 secs.
ec984d90da4bfb296b069dd5f655d5eb.jpg

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Yguideslou

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Until they bring this configuration option back in recent apps, among other issues I had that I've previously written about, I have no intention of updating.

I see no reason why this option for List View was removed.

Screenshot_20190129-190307_Samsung Internet Beta.jpg

sonnnet

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
Until they bring this configuration option back in recent apps, among other issues I had that I've previously written about, I have no intention of updating.

View attachment 297463
Actually, yes, that's what I had on Oreo and I prefer it. Also, as usual, Good Lock is defunct until they bring out a newer version :(

Adam Matlock

Trusted Member
Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
I'm looking forward to it. I've been using Pie on my two other Androids and I've really enjoyed it. Going back to Oreo on my Note is kind of frustrating sometimes. I'm sure the implementation will be good. I'll be glad when it's here.

li2327

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I'm trying to be patient while waiting for this update. I have to admit I periodically check for update, and I have no idea why. I know it's not near a public release yet.

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

View attachment 297463

AW CRAP! That's waht I use! Much better use of the real estate, especially in landscape.

Are the quick settings icons the blue bubbles?
Can they be changed to previous style?

sonnnet

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
AW CRAP! That's waht I use! Much better use of the real estate, especially in landscape.

Are the quick settings icons the blue bubbles?
Can they be changed to previous style?
For an app switcher, list is perfect. Not those huge pdeudo-preview things.
And sorry, yes, it's the blue bubbles on the notification shade. I went straight to Good Lock to change them, except you can't because that doesn't work anymore :(
ed504147bc5d476962381def1ee6b7cd.jpg