08-31-2019 04:55 PM
57 123
tools
    Good evening everybody. I have a Note 9 for the last 2 months. I almost never used flash in my pictures but i did it yesterday.I noticed a blue tint in the side of the pictures!! Its dissapointing as hell!! I factory reseted the phone but the problem stills there!! Any solution?? Recently updeated to Android Pie by the way.....
    02-16-2019 12:06 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Do you have a case on? If so, sometimes the part of the case right next to the flash and lens can cause glare when the flash goes off (especially if the case is colored or somewhat reflective).
    02-16-2019 01:25 PM
    Good evening & thanks!! Well iam really dissapointed, ive donne literally everything i could & the pictures still looks awful like hell! A huge blue tint everywhere when iam using the flash! No cases, no tempered glasses, Phone factory reseted... I guess its something to do with Pie update!!
    Attached Thumbnails Note 9: blue tint appears in my pictures while using flash during night!! Any solution pls??!-235.jpg  
    02-16-2019 02:46 PM
    I'll move this to Note 9 for comments from other users.

Is your phone blue?
    02-16-2019 03:39 PM
    Heloooo, yes its ocean blue & the thing is that i didnt have this issue before Android Pie(ofcourse i barely used the flash!!)....a friend told me that it could be a bad sychronization between photo focus & the flash and i guess that it could be a fault or a bug related with the last update.
    Attached Thumbnails Note 9: blue tint appears in my pictures while using flash during night!! Any solution pls??!-182.jpg  
    02-16-2019 03:54 PM
    Almost every foto using flash looks like that... Only in a few cases like in the car for example while radio lights are open etc and iam taking a picture with flash then the picture is fine.
    Attached Thumbnails Note 9: blue tint appears in my pictures while using flash during night!! Any solution pls??!-238.jpg  
    02-16-2019 03:58 PM
    *an example from the car using flash....
    Attached Thumbnails Note 9: blue tint appears in my pictures while using flash during night!! Any solution pls??!-145.jpg  
    02-16-2019 04:00 PM
    the other pictures besides the car are they reflecting off another light ? also since you didn't use flash before pie update how do you know if problem wasn't before?
    02-16-2019 04:17 PM
    I've sometimes had bad flash photos when photographing outside at night....an overall flare, though not as bad as yours, and not with a Note 9. I don't expect good results from flash photography with phones, so it has never really worried me, and I think I've more or less assumed that it's caused by the focussing light that illuminates the scene before the photo is taken. If so, that must be a fault of some kind, but as I said it has never worried me enough to try to solve it.
    That may be irrelevant to your case, since I don't know whether the Note 9 uses a focussing light, rather than a projected infra-red pattern, perhaps.
    02-16-2019 04:21 PM
    Iam 100% sure that is a fault of kind. In normal Low Light conditions(i ve tried to take pic in all possible conditions!) this blue tint appears in the side. In a totally dark room i have the same result. Only in a few cases like for example in the car the picture was good. Some people reported the same issue on samsung forums but noone had an actual solution....
    02-16-2019 04:29 PM
    *thats a picture i took using flash back in December (so before pie update) but i dont know if the Light conditions of the stadium helps the total subject here... So yeap maybe i had the issue before pie... Who knows!!
    Attached Thumbnails Note 9: blue tint appears in my pictures while using flash during night!! Any solution pls??!-262.jpg  
    02-16-2019 04:32 PM
    *thats a picture i took using flash back in December (so before pie update) but i dont know if the Light conditions of the stadium helps the total subject here... So yeap maybe i had the issue before pie... Who knows!!
    I dont use flash at all, but this a hail marry shot , in the camera it has a option to reset to default settings maybe something got changes in the update but try see what happens.
    02-16-2019 04:35 PM
    * thats from my room when it was totally dark.... Something its wrong obviously, my previous phone (S8 plus) didnt have this issue at all!!
    Attached Thumbnails Note 9: blue tint appears in my pictures while using flash during night!! Any solution pls??!-84.jpg  
    02-16-2019 04:36 PM
    Yeap ive did actually everything... Reset camera settings, tried different camera apps from play store, did a factory reset but no sucsess unfortunatelly....!!! I dont expect High quality flash fotos at night but thats farrrr from that.... Well its a 1000€ phone in the end and i cant live with that blue tint....!!
    02-16-2019 04:41 PM
    Yeap ive did actually everything... Reset camera settings, tried different camera apps from play store, did a factory reset but no sucsess unfortunatelly....!!! I dont expect High quality flash fotos at night but thats farrrr from that.... Well its a 1000€ phone in the end and i cant live with that blue tint....!!
    Have you tried in Safe mode?
    02-16-2019 04:43 PM
    To be honest i didnt do that but i thought that a factory reset would do the job.... So i ll give it a try who knows... Thanks for the tip! Actually iam going to contact samsung service here in Greece, on Monday and see what happens.... Maybe other users reported the same issue....
    02-16-2019 04:49 PM
    Definitely report this to Samsung, and include some of those shots.
    02-16-2019 04:50 PM
    To be honest i didnt do that but i thought that a factory reset would do the job.... So i ll give it a try who knows... Thanks for the tip! Actually iam going to contact samsung service here in Greece, on Monday and see what happens.... Maybe other users reported the same issue....
    Your welcome
    If it still happens in safe mode contact Samsung
    If it doesn't find a application or app that giving the issue.
    02-16-2019 04:50 PM
    Well tried safe Mode.... Same story unfortunatelly!!! That damn blue tint in every foto using flash.... In some pictures very intense is some a bit less.... But always there! I guess my Last hope is Samsung service...!! Thanks for showing interest all of you!! If u have any new tip pls let me know!!
    Attached Thumbnails Note 9: blue tint appears in my pictures while using flash during night!! Any solution pls??!-344.jpg  
    02-16-2019 05:11 PM
    * one more after safe Mode
    Attached Thumbnails Note 9: blue tint appears in my pictures while using flash during night!! Any solution pls??!-341.jpg  
    02-16-2019 05:12 PM
    Others have reported the same thing, or at least something similar, such as here: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/...nt/td-p/414754
    02-16-2019 06:08 PM
    Are you using a case? If so, same one you've had?
    02-16-2019 06:52 PM
    FYI, he mentioned that the phone has no case.
    02-16-2019 09:07 PM
    clean the camera screen. it is catching the grime from your hands.
    02-16-2019 10:33 PM
    Iam not using any case, i had a back protector(like a screen tempered glass but for the back) and i took it off but it wasnt because of this unfortunatelly...
    .. Also while i was trying to take the pictures my both fingers were in the bottom of the phone far away from the camera area and ofcourse i cleaned it again and again many times but.... No result!!Same blue tint....... Thanks Anyway!!
    02-17-2019 02:20 AM
57 123