HDMI to TV to watch Netflix

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I know there are many threads about Dex but I don't wish to connect to a laptop. I want to connect to a TV to watch Netflix in 1080p. (No wifi available. TV not a smart tv so no built in apps nor mirroring)

I do not wish to use wireless solutions so please stay on topic.

Has anyone been successful connecting with a wire to tv? Exactly what cable would I use? I don't want to waste money buying a usb c to HDMI cable if it won't work. There are many kinds of converters but I don't know.if i need one and if so which?

Thanks!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
This one claims to work with the Note 9 so, at worst, they'll have to take it back. (But I've found Amazon to make their vendors stick pretty close to the truth.)

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
This one claims to work with the Note 9 so, at worst, they'll have to take it back. (But I've found Amazon to make their vendors stick pretty close to the truth.)

This adapter by Chootech works just like Dex. The one con is your phone doesn't charge unless you lay it down on your wireless charger.
And the Dex program kicks right in once hooked up. I sold my Dex in favor of this since I had 2 laptops already.
This will only let you open 5 apps that l remember off the top of my head though. Really handy in a pinch.

Stock Explore
My files folder
Gallery and a couple others that I can't remember off the top.

Had this when I had my Note 8.
And I think at the time I only paid like 5 bucks to get that adapter because I had a credit and then I had some sort of Amazon gift card so I just applied all that, at the time and it was like $5.00 woohoo👍

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
I know there are many threads about Dex but I don't wish to connect to a laptop. I want to connect to a TV to watch Netflix in 1080p. (No wifi available. TV not a smart tv so no built in apps nor mirroring)

I do not wish to use wireless solutions so please stay on topic.

Has anyone been successful connecting with a wire to tv? Exactly what cable would I use? I don't want to waste money buying a usb c to HDMI cable if it won't work. There are many kinds of converters but I don't know.if i need one and if so which?

Thanks!

You can open Netflix through Samsung Explorer. Works good through carrier.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

Something like this should work. Before I got my blue ray player to mirror on my Note 8, I used an HDMI cable to connect my phone to my TV. With the 9, just use a USB-C on one end and HDMI on the other.

No internet, cable, wifi, e.t.c., required. All other types (Roku, etc), required that (no matter what anyone says, I tried the Google one).

Just an FYI, most probably haven't tried a cable because of all the possibilities in 2019. However, find a cable from Amazon. Read the reviews and then decide to order. If it doesn't work, return it.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
This adapter by Chootech works just like Dex. The one con is your phone doesn't charge unless you lay it down on your wireless charger.
And the Dex program kicks right in once hooked up. I sold my Dex in favor of this since I had 2 laptops already.
This will only let you open 5 apps that l remember off the top of my head though. Really handy in a pinch.

Stock Explore
My files folder
Gallery and a couple others that I can't remember off the top.

Had this when I had my Note 8.
And I think at the time I only paid like 5 bucks to get that adapter because I had a credit and then I had some sort of Amazon gift card so I just applied all that, at the time and it was like $5.00 woohoo👍
I don't want Dex and I don't care if adapter charges my phone. I only want to mirror the screen by hdmi cable.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I've used an adapter and hate it. Since the phone's screen isn't the same size as a TV's screen you end up with wonky black bars.