My app keep getting killed every 8- 12 hours

Paul Ayres

May 26, 2015
Visit site
you need to open 20 apps and leave your phone idle for 8 to 10 hours then check and you will see all your apps gone apart from 4 or 5

Paul Ayres

May 26, 2015
Visit site
Bro alot of people like to keep lots of apps they use running in recent apps.I like to keep certain apps running so i can go back to them fast and so do plenty of other people complaining that pie is shutting all there apps over night.ive read 25 threads about this issue on note 9 pie with no solution so lots of people are pissed off with this issue not just me

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Bro alot of people like to keep lots of apps they use running in recent apps.I like to keep certain apps running so i can go back to them fast and so do plenty of other people complaining that pie is shutting all there apps over night.ive read 25 threads about this issue on note 9 pie with no solution so lots of people are pissed off with this issue not just me
Gotcha ...I'm still going test this out , never used my phone this way . But pie is aggressive with power saving , wonder if it's more of a issue with international version.

Paul Ayres

May 26, 2015
Visit site
Not sure about that mate.my note 8 on pie is uk version and I can keep the apps running in the background. But the note 9 one ui is different to pie on the note 9 .there are slightly different menus and the layout is a little different, not enough for most people to notice though

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Not sure about that mate.my note 8 on pie is uk version and I can keep the apps running in the background. But the note 9 one ui is different to pie on the note 9 .there are slightly different menus and the layout is a little different, not enough for most people to notice though
I'm going test out let you know

Paul Ayres

May 26, 2015
Visit site
So i bought yet another new note 9 this morning thats 5 ive tested now and opened 15 apps left the phone for 8 hours and went to work got home and only 4 apps were still in recent apps menu :(

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So i bought another new note 9 this morning thats 5 ive testest now and opened 15 apps left the phone for 8 holurs and went to work got home and only 4 apps were still in recent apps menu :(
Hey, I checked mine out the other night it was 4 left also but kids were using it so I'll have to check again don't know if it was them or its like how your saying. I'm leaning towards how your describing it

Paul Ayres

May 26, 2015
Visit site
Hey, I checked mine out the other night it was 4 left also but kids were using it so I'll have to check again don't know if it was them or its like how your saying. I'm leaning towards how your describing it

If you kids touched the phone they probbly swiped away some of the apps.so that maybe why you were left with 4 apps like me so that test is null and void unfortunately buddy.you need to just open 20 apps and leve the phone idel for like 10 hours..ive excnged 5 note 9s now and they wont let me swap anymore

Last edited:

Paul Ayres

May 26, 2015
Visit site
Bump i begged samsung for a 6th replacement and they agrred in the end this one also has the app closing issue gutted

Also noticed adapt sound has a volume bugg on them all when turing up the volume to the top its at its louudest 2 clicks away from the max volume. Factory rest dosent fix and also the tube amp audio feature donest work anymore hear no difference toggling it on or off.i used to love tube amp on oreo

Last edited:

Paul Ayres

May 26, 2015
Visit site
Ok so ive done some more research and testing and in my testing i found something interesting. Also you need to make sure you go settings devicecare click the 3 dots and turn off auto optimisation and make sure that crap is off.then click battery then the 3 dots then make sure everything is disabled
Disable adaptive battery,put unused apps to sleep,sleeping apps should be empty,disable unused apps.and leave disabled apps empty. Then go to settings then app click on any app them click on battery make sure all your apps are allowed to use background activity. The one you want to keep running.
Then go to settings and acroll down to developer settings and make sure background process limit is set at standard limit

Now open 15 to 20 apps before you go to bed do not wake up un the night and touch your phone as it will kill the test.anyway when you wake up 8 to 10 hours later ypu will see all yours apps gone apart from 4 or 5.but if you then restart the phone then click apps they will be there in the recent apps again i just found this out last night.so there must be a way to keep them without restarting like you can on the note 8

Ive also noticed in delvoper settings there is a thing called standby apps you wil see the word active next to them not sure what standby apps even means but it could be related to the issues of apps closed over night.anyway you can chage ot from active to working set or you can change it to frequent or lasty rare.so if anyone has any onsite on that would be helpful

Ok so mine are all set to active meansing no battery restrictions but still the apps close over night unless you restart

Last edited: