Hi All,

While looking around in Pie, I noticed that WiFi calling app is running in memory,

But there is no WiFi app In the list of apps and no indication it is functional.

Recall that WiFi calling is not allowed by Verizon on unlocked phones not from them.

Any thoughts on if I can make this work somehow?

R
    Attached Thumbnails WiFi calling on Unlocked Verizon?-screenshot_20190317-081926_settings-1-.jpg  
    03-17-2019 07:26 AM
    not from them
    is the deciding factor. Most phones will work on Verizon now, but if it's not from them, you don't get their wifi calling.
    03-17-2019 12:59 PM
    is the deciding factor. Most phones will work on Verizon now, but if it's not from them, you don't get their wifi calling.
    A poster claimed his unlocked s10+ does have wifi calling on vzw. This apparently shows they aren't opposed to it
    03-17-2019 02:13 PM
    It's not Verizon, it's the manufacturer - if they implement it properly it works. But not every carrier does it the same way, so it works with some phones and not others. (It also depends on whether the phone is carrier-branded and unlocked or unbranded from the factory.)
    03-17-2019 03:06 PM
    It's not Verizon, it's the manufacturer - if they implement it properly it works. But not every carrier does it the same way, so it works with some phones and not others. (It also depends on whether the phone is carrier-branded and unlocked or unbranded from the factory.)
    That doesn’t really sound right. The manufacturer is Samsung.. and the Verizon model that you get is the same, just with different software.

It is probably a combo of the Verizon OS build along with Verizon’s knowledge that the phone is unlocked from somewhere else...which they definitely know in their system.

R
    03-17-2019 08:06 PM