Bored with my Note9...

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I would not. The Note is a Note and the S series doesn't compete in the same ballpark. I use the S Pen daily so it's a no brainer for me.

I do switch from one theme to another when I get bored, or at least change the wallpaper and maybe the icons. A fresh look always seems to help.

I also don't think the hardware upgrades in the S10+ would be enough to make it worth the move.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I would not trade in my Note 9 for S10 or plus... Rather wait few months and see what Note 10 offers... Spen is really handy when needed... And Note 10 will be improved s10

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
If you're bored, trade it....just not sure if the S10+ is the phone to trade for considering the similarities (aside from the S Pen). JMO, thinking you'll be bored with S10+ in no time. Sell the Note on Swappa and go off the deep end, get an LG, Pixel, etc.

SkydiverTilt

Sep 29, 2018
Visit site
If you are bored with the Note 9 you will be bored with anything else out there that looks like the Note 9. You may want to look at something different like the Galaxy Fold, Blackberry Key, Palm, or a feature phone that is radically different. All phones are awesome, however they are all the same...your fatigue is a decade old and will not be solved by a marginal upgrade to a Galaxy 10.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
Can you define how your are " bored" with your phone please?

I get why people upgrade to a new phone that enhances the user Experience and brings more to the table in the way of features.

But I've never been bored.

:)

gravage

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
I have suffered from this issue for several years now. I generally just end up buying a new phone every few months. The only partial solution I have found is to have 2-3 phones I can switch between at any given time. I also recommend something with a drastically different OS, which is pretty much just the iPhone at this point, but skinned Android phones work if they're drastically different. A Pixel is also a great option because you can get in on the betas and try the new Android features, though vanilla Android gets boring really fast.

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I could not agree with you more! All phones are awesome in their own way and the marginal upgrade from a Note 9 to an S10 would still be just as "boring". You will love one or two of the different features for a short time then the fatigue will set right back in.

The real problem is gratefulness; we get 'bored' easy because we do not appreciate what we have. Geez folks, these little pocket computers give us access to the WORLDS knowledge at nearly any point during the day/night. This is something that was simply science fiction when I was a kid.

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm sorry you're bored with your Note. I love mine and I definitely am not bored with it. it does everything I need it to and more. I hope you find something that fits your needs

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Huh. You have a Note9, and you're BORED!? Okaaay...I'm a Note8 user, and I haven't got bored with it. And an S10+ definitely ain't the solution due to how similar it is (just not having the S Pen) to the Note8 & Note9!! Either wait for the Note10, or get a device from a different OEM, like LG, OnePlus, Oppo, or (worst case) Apple, etc.

gravage

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
Considering that the alternative is downgrading to an S10+, I think that I will be able to avoid boredom for quite a while.

"...downgrading". Yeah, okay.

Having owned and used both and actually having a frame of reference, I can assure you that the S10+ is an upgrade in every way other than the spen, which a lot of people don't even use. It was, hands down, the smoothest Android phone I have used to date. It made my Note 9 feel slow and gave my Pixel 3 XL a serious run for the money in the "responsiveness" department. Also, the wide-angle camera is a big upgrade.

slim6596

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Go to Swappa. Buy an unlocked Moto X Pure 2015 edition. Unlock bootloader, root, flash different ROMs/themes/etc.

Works for me.

Wiz Minion

Feb 20, 2018
Visit site
Go huawei !!

If you're bored, trade it....just not sure if the S10+ is the phone to trade for considering the similarities (aside from the S Pen). JMO, thinking you'll be bored with S10+ in no time. Sell the Note on Swappa and go off the deep end, get an LG, Pixel, etc.

Go with a Huawei, Mate 20 or Mate 20 Pro, or Mate 20X. The X is giant, so for most that is out. But I think the Mate 20 is the one I will buy next....Yes, it doesn't have quite the same camera system as the 20 Pro, but it's bigger, and still has the headphone jack and most of the other goodies the Pro has. I currently have a Mate 10(not Pro) it's simply the best phone I've ever owned. The cost of the Mate20 series has dropped a ton on ebay. Even the X can be had for about $700. It doesn't fold, but it's still Tablet size! :cool: