Who else is having problems with the April 23, 2019 update

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

With this update my Note 9 developed some problems that no one knows how to fix,

1. System time randomly advances 1 hour, then eventually resets to Central time.

2. When phone screen is off or locked and my alarm goes off I can't tap the Dismiss button, when phone is locked (screen off) and I get a call I can't tap the answer icon to answer the phone. I have to unlock the phone and go to clock and manually turn off the alarm, or the other issue, unlock the phone and attempt to answer the call before the caller hangs up.

Verizon tech did a Full reset to factor settings, and problem still persists. Samsung tech center connected the phone to their computer and forced the latest update, and the problem still persists. I've seen other post on other forums detailing these problems but here we are a month later and no fix from Samsung.

At least the phone hasn't burst into flames. If anyone has any ideas please let me know

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I've seen other post on other forums detailing these problems
So it's not your phone, it's Samsung's update.

but here we are a month later and no fix from Samsung.
Even assuming that they've worked on it, and fixed it, you won't see a fix until the next normal update (which should be about 4 times a year, if I remember Samsung correctly). That's why I switched to Google. We'll be getting an update (the June one - we got the May update on May 6th) in 3 days.

If anyone has any ideas please let me know
With a Samsung phone? Develop patience, that's all you can do.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
1. System time randomly advances 1 hour, then eventually resets to Central time.
That could be an intermittent problem with your carrier or cell tower. The phone gets its current-time updates over the air.

2. When phone screen is off or locked and my alarm goes off I can't tap the Dismiss button, when phone is locked (screen off) and I get a call I can't tap the answer icon to answer the phone.
When the phone is locked, you need to swipe those buttons, not tap them.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
So it's not your phone, it's Samsung's update.

Even assuming that they've worked on it, and fixed it, you won't see a fix until the next normal update (which should be about 4 times a year, if I remember Samsung correctly).
It's not clear that there is even any problem here for Samsung to fix. As for frequency of Samsung updates, the unlocked Note9 (N960U1) has gone through 9 official firmware versions in the 9 months since the phone came out.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
With this update my Note 9 developed some problems that no one knows how to fix,

2. When phone screen is off or locked and my alarm goes off I can't tap the Dismiss button, when phone is locked (screen off) and I get a call I can't tap the answer icon to answer the phone. I have to unlock the phone and go to clock and manually turn off the alarm, or the other issue, unlock the phone and attempt to answer the call before the caller hangs up.

Verizon tech did a Full reset to factor settings, and problem still persists. Samsung tech center connected the phone to their computer and forced the latest update, and the problem still persists. I've seen other post on other forums detailing these problems but here we are a month later and no fix from Samsung.

At least the phone hasn't burst into flames. If anyone has any ideas please let me know

1.For system time maybe contact you carrier or get a new sim card
2. Single tap you need go into accessibility and enable

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
2. Single tap you need go into accessibility and enable
There's no indication that the OP actually wants tap-to-answer, as opposed to merely having mistakenly expected it. Unless one has a dexterity disability, turning on that accessibility option takes an unnecessary risk of accidentally butt-answering incoming calls, with potentially embarrassing consequences when the caller overhears ongoing conversations without the recipient's knowledge.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
There's no indication that the OP actually wants tap-to-answer, as opposed to merely having mistakenly expected it. Unless one has a dexterity disability, turning on that accessibility option takes an unnecessary risk of accidentally butt-answering incoming calls, with potentially embarrassing consequences when the caller overhears ongoing conversations without the recipient's knowledge.

Well he did mention he couldn't tap to answer a call , we all know by default its swipe to call or end . You can see why I've mentioned this option to him , because tap option they put in accessibility settings for unknown reasons . But yeah I can see your point buy accidentally taping can create a issue in some situations.

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
2 things bugging me after update.
1.wireless charging doesnt work well. Have to reposition my phone multiple times.
2.when charging, theres a notification always on.

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Which notifications is always on ?

I have AOD on. And only shows Home Button. It is set to always. But it doesnt always show up.

And when charging, above the Home Button it will always show the time left to charge.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190602-225411_Always On Display.jpg
    Screenshot_20190602-225411_Always On Display.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 16

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have AOD on. And only shows Home Button. It is set to always. But it doesnt always show up.

And when charging, above the Home Button it will always show the time left to charge.
That's strange AOD dont stay on all the time and it's set for it , above home button while charging it will always say charging time .20190602_120134.jpeg

Mbun2

Nov 24, 2016
Visit site
Not sure what update it is, but I recently lost all my ringtone settings for contacts. The media files are still there, but contacts are set to default. And when I try to change one, it shows the special ringtone I had set. If I choose another, then go back to the one I want, it shows it on the contact but doesn't play it when they call.

Galaxy S9, Android patch April 1, last update April 25.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty