Promotional EDGE pulled from store.

BlueBlazer60

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
I was in the Greenwood, Indiana, Best Buy today. They have one of those Samsung Store in a Store area. I wanted to show a friend the EDGE I had played with a couple weeks ago. It was not on display. One of the Samsung area staff told me that it had been in the store for three weeks or so. But what they had were what he called promotional items - not absolutely the final production model. Probably a nice comment to tell the customers rather than the absolute. Anyway the important part was that according to him, Samsung pulled them all back because the release date was getting closer. On the plus side he did spent a great deal of time with us showing off his Note 4 and all the things we could do with it. And he was honest enough to tell my friend there were only a few significant internal differences between his S5 and the Note4.

Have the EDGE models disappeared from all the stores.

marcelo_l

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Yup...I went to BestBuy, and was told the same thing by a Samsung Experience Rep.

To matters bleaker, what he shared with me is that:

1. There will only be a million ( yes, 1 Million ) Note Edges built for the US (across ALL carriers). You read right, ALL carriers combined will only have from a pool of 1 Million Note Edges that will comprise their US production runs.

2. The Note Edge will not be on display at the Samsung Experience because it will be such a limited production run product.

3. The price of the Note Edge will be approx. $100 USD more than the Note 4.

Needless to say, we are NOT amused.

:mad:

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Yes they Have....all disappeared !!!

What king of marketing GAME is this of Samsung and Best Buy??? Now you see it, now you don't !!

I am very mad with Samsung - Ordered a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 in white that arrived DOA ( dead on arrival) - after trying for 48 hrs I returned it to AT&T--They verified that it was a defective phone, left the store w/o a phone ---So I go to the Best Buy store today at Doral Miami FL to show my wife the Samsung Note Edge , after seeing it twice there for the last 3 weeks, and they disappeared it --- from all and every Samsung Experience area at Best Buy's!!

I really think that this marketing game has to stop...

This coming from a person that had 3 Samsung Galaxy Note's 3 exchanged under warranty for the same manufacturing problems.....overheating, lack of signal, shutsoff by themselves....etc etc etc

What phone should I consider? Help Please !

droid747

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Yes they Have....all disappeared !!!

What king of marketing GAME is this of Samsung and Best Buy??? Now you see it, now you don't !!

I am very mad with Samsung - Ordered a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 in white that arrived DOA ( dead on arrival) - after trying for 48 hrs I returned it to AT&T--They verified that it was a defective phone, left the store w/o a phone ---So I go to the Best Buy store today at Doral Miami FL to show my wife the Samsung Note Edge , after seeing it twice there for the last 3 weeks, and they disappeared it --- from all and every Samsung Experience area at Best Buy's!!

I really think that this marketing game has to stop...

This coming from a person that had 3 Samsung Galaxy Note's 3 exchanged under warranty for the same manufacturing problems.....overheating, lack of signal, shutsoff by themselves....etc etc etc

What phone should I consider? Help Please !

I would wait and check out a the nexus 6. I would go nexus 6 myself if it was not for the 200 Samsung promo on the note 4. I would rather spend 500 for a verizon note 4 after Samsung rebate then 700 for a 64 gb nexus 6.

Posted via the Android Central App

laspahr

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
The edge is on display in Muncie, IN right now, just checked it out the other day.

Posted via the Android Central App

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Well, its right up there when all of a sudden, Best Stopped selling the Gear 2 Neo even though the continued to display it. What in the world is Samsung doing? Do they want to sell their crap or not?

tbran

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
The One Million Unit thing is absolutely true and Samsung themselves said as much in a press release. My guess is that inventory is now winding down to completion. AT&T shows out of stock online and my local store, which had inventory in the dozens is all sold out. Me thinks this model of the Edge may start to disappear shortly

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note® Edge, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone