Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge with double-edged screen FINAL...

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
Last edited:

rabernet

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge with double-edged screen leaked...

Cool! Hopefully that will mean more panels for us!

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site

This is very smart of Samsung not to make the Edge design mandatory. Many will find it baffling, as most people all are thumbs with no sense of coordination. So, to launch standard and also an Edge version is nice. And yes, we should see more Edge panel apps in 6 months.

fitchalcyone

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site

Is that an actual leak or a render? I don't see anything in the article that directly refers to that picture. Maybe I'm missing some other article.

Posted via the Android Central App

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site

looks pretty legit. but of course until another leak we won't know for sure.

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site

Rejoice Edge users. More Edge is coming, which means more options for our Edge panels.

It turns out we are the pioneers of this new Edge screen and user interface.

samsung-unpacked-2015-teaser.jpghttp://o.aolcdn.com/hss/storage/midas/4bcf0e5f40058f8313df0e67f06dd22e/201492442/samsung-unpacked-2015-teaser.jpg

Samsung Mobile ✔ @SamsungMobile
Follow

What’s next? The answer will be revealed March 1st at #Unpacked. #TheNextGalaxy
4:28 PM - 2 Feb 2015

macolliejr

Jan 10, 2015
Visit site
I agree the Samsung event announcement shows a curved edge s6. But I think it will more closely resemble the note edge. I don't think the picture at the top of the thread is an authentic leak. Pretty sure that's a concept photo and not of the actual s6 we'll see based on the official teaser.

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site

Well, these are the actual leaked pics of the S6. The two images on the right show an Edge version.
Unclear from these pics, if it will be double-edged. But looks like it will be.
I am sure more images will leak soon.

Too bad that our Note Edge phones won't remain unique for long.

s6-leaks.jpg

Last edited:

rabernet

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

That's awesome! More edge panels coming and more edge apps!

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

Well, these are the actual leaked pics of the S6. The two images on the right show an Edge version.
Unclear from these pics, if it will be double-edged.
I am sure more images will leak soon.

Too bad that our Note Edge phones won't remain unique for long.

View attachment 162061

Fake. No IR blaster.

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site

This is legit and there is IR port if you expand the image.

Also the Edge does look like it will be double-edged. Too bad for us.

Sammytheorangutan

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site

First, I don't think a double edged phone will be as popular as the single edged Edge. That adds another place to accidentally swipe. The Note Edge is still a superior phone to what the S6 Edge will be. We have the S pen and a bigger screen. Plus, if it matters, we were first. :)

nishant786

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site

Has anyone understood the point of two edge screens? One is of course useful, just like a task bar on your pc. It's a separate screen that's genuinely useful.
But why 2? Lefties will never be able to use the right edge and vice versa for righties. Plus because of two edges, the curve of edges will be smaller. Just seems like a redundant, just because-we-can move.

rzcl

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site

Has anyone understood the point of two edge screens? One is of course useful, just like a task bar on your pc. It's a separate screen that's genuinely useful.
But why 2? Lefties will never be able to use the right edge and vice versa for righties. Plus because of two edges, the curve of edges will be smaller. Just seems like a redundant, just because-we-can move.
I was wondering the same thing, but one option that came to mind was that it would be possible to keep the function that one actually uses on one hand and notification option on the other. Let's say as a righty you'd have the apps and task manager etc. on the right side and notifications that give you info about news, sports scores, finance etc. on left. I don't know if that makes any sense to anyone else. :) At least it gives a better option for leftys to utilize the functions. As a Note Edge owner I do think the panel is a good addition and fortunately I'm right-handed. :)

oditius

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site

Not a phone I would buy, got enough problems with activating apps on the panel now. LoL

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site

Most people are two thumbs, it would be interesting to see if the Edge version of Samsung's most important phone will grain traction or not. If people already whining about the single Edge, I wonder how they would react to the double edge.

Why do we need a double edge? The single edge already makes the phone harder to hold.

Also will it become more of a male, geeky choice or young women and girls will also gravitate toward the double-edge.

I am sure lots of reports will be released about the S6 Edge after its release, because the S Series, but specially the upcoming S6 is a make or break for Samsung mobile.

yostevo

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site

Instead of holding the back button down to add multi Windows it can lie on the edge, just like how Windows has a quick access toolbar and an active window bar.

nishant786

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site

Instead of holding the back button down to add multi Windows it can lie on the edge, just like how Windows has a quick access toolbar and an active window bar.

Can't that be added to this edge as well? Why need a second one?

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site

Although the leaked pics prove it, but Bloomberg just confimed that S6 will have double-edged screen.

Samsung's Galaxy S6 will have a wrap-around display, says Bloomberg

It said the Korean company will release a 5.1-inch Galaxy S6 that will curve down both sides of the screen, rather than just the right like the Edge. However, it's also hedging its bets by releasing a second 5.1-inch Galaxy S6 model with a regular screen.