Why does my keyboard stay on my lock screen?

Yvette Hernandez2

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
Why does my keyboard stay on my lock screen

when I lock my phone my keyboard is on the screen and when I try to unlock my phone it won't let me because my keyboard is on the way and I use the pass code lock

jplugis

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Re: Why does my keyboard stay on my lock screen

I have the same problem on my SG4. I have to either pull the battery or restart(which requires that I switch to the smaller keyboard so I can get to the restart button). I've had the phone for two years. This is a new problem.

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site

when I lock my phone my keyboard is on the screen and when I try to unlock my phone it won't let me because my keyboard is on the way and I use the pass code lock

It happens sometimes to my phone also. On the keyboard, at the very top, all the way to the right ">" <---Press that arrow. Should make the keyboard go away.

Posted Via Galaxy Note Edge. Yea, the phone is perfect...

BigVilly27

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site

I'm having the same issue with my Note 4. Only way to get rid of the issue to this point is to disable your lock screen feature. I'm not feeling that fix one bit.

Ryan Tanner

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site

Im having the same issue with my phone too, lg l70. It started yesterday. Luckily I'm able to unlock my phone but if the screen shuts off or i turn it off during the use of the keyboard, it's still there on the lock screen when i turn the screen back on. What's going on? I'm not turning off my lock screen and the other solutions listed don't work. I've tried changing the keyboard type and changing settings, re sizing the keys and nothing.

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site

I'm having the same issue with my Note 4. Only way to get rid of the issue to this point is to disable your lock screen feature. I'm not feeling that fix one bit.

Again, try pressing that arrow and the keyboard should go away.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-06-24-07-49-16.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-06-24-07-49-16.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 83

BigVilly27

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site

Again, try pressing that arrow and the keyboard should go away.

That fix doesn't work for me, keyboard still stuck. I figured out that if you close any applications that's running a keyboard it will work fine. I'll just minimize everything until Samsung figures something out.

Posted via the Android Central App

BigVilly27

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site

Another temporary fix is to disable the Samsung lock screen and download an aftermarket screen lock app like CM Locker....problem solved!

Posted via the Android Central App

alwaysamanda81

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
Turn off the iswipe function in your clean master app. It's a new function and it fixed it for me. When you open the app down in the very bottom right hand corner it says me. Click on that and then you'll see settings and you'll find it for letter. Good luck.

michael Ortiz4

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
Turn off the iswipe function in your clean master app. It's a new function and it fixed it for me. When you open the app down in the very bottom right hand corner it says me. Click on that and then you'll see settings and you'll find it for letter. Good luck.

This worked for me. Before I turned off iswipe I would have to turn off my phone whenever I came accross this problem. Now it's fine. Thanks so much.

Ryan Tanner

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
Turning off the iswipe fixed the issue. Thank you. So now I'll have to wait until Clean Master fixes that problem before being able to use iswipe.

Sheeera77

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
I was having the same problem. After reading about iSwipe in the Clean Master app I went to the iSwipe settings and under Block Apps I checked Apex launcher. That seems to have solved the problem on my Samsung GS5!
Thanks for helping solve this!! It was a major pain!!!

Last edited:

leolikesbass

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
The clean master thing doesn't work for me, I didn't have it and when I downloaded it the problem still occurred.

Whenever the keyboard is open now and the phone turns off, the keyboard shows up on the lock screen.

There has got to be more people feeling this? How does android even allow that?

Kwahmi

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
I am posting here in the hope that someone has more information on this, or that this information is helpful to someone... Late last week, my phone started similar funky keyboard behavior. When I am in the SMS app, the keyboard now remains on top if I try to open the menu items. Certain items that require full screen to display properly are unusable now. Seems to be the same no matter what app I am using. If I try to open the menu in Facebook It's not visible under the keyboard. I have used Clean master for about a year, and it appears as if I just got the new version with iSwipe. I do not care for the feature and have it disabled, but it also annoyingly keeps prompting my to turn it on. I thought perhaps Samsung had updated the keyboard, but am thinking now it may be Clean Master... Thoughts anyone????

ymahar

May 22, 2016
Visit site

Thank you so much for taking the time to put this here. This was really annoying me and I couldn't figure it out!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo