I have a Verizon Note Edge running Android 5 Lollipop. I don't subscribe to VZW's Visual Voicemail and I don't want to. On my previous Verizon phones, when I had voicemail activity, I would get a notification from the regular, nonvisual voicemail that I could tap on and it would automatically dial *86 for voicemail. On my new phone, if I get a voicemail it is the Visual Voicemail app that sends the notification, and the only thing that happens when I tap that notification is I get a series of options to sign up for the VV feature (about $3/month). It never takes me to plain basic voicemail.

Does anyone know what setting I might change on the phone to get voicemail notifications that do not involve Visual Voicemail, but just take me directly to the phone with *86 dialed automatically? I checked in Application Manager, BTW, and the Visual Voicemail app cannot be disabled (let alone uninstalled), nor can you uncheck its Notifications box.
    Mexydee likes this.
    07-28-2015 11:22 AM
    Hello!

I am seeking a solution to this very same issue on my new Note 4.

Has anyone resolved this yet? I cannot believe that this is the default, redirecting the user to open a pay account each time a vm arrives. There must be a way around it. Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you!!!
    08-03-2015 05:06 PM
    I have a Verizon Note Edge running Android 5 Lollipop. I don't subscribe to VZW's Visual Voicemail and I don't want to. On my previous Verizon phones, when I had voicemail activity, I would get a notification from the regular, nonvisual voicemail that I could tap on and it would automatically dial *86 for voicemail. On my new phone, if I get a voicemail it is the Visual Voicemail app that sends the notification, and the only thing that happens when I tap that notification is I get a series of options to sign up for the VV feature (about $3/month). It never takes me to plain basic voicemail.

Does anyone know what setting I might change on the phone to get voicemail notifications that do not involve Visual Voicemail, but just take me directly to the phone with *86 dialed automatically? I checked in Application Manager, BTW, and the Visual Voicemail app cannot be disabled (let alone uninstalled), nor can you uncheck its Notifications box.
    The only thing I do when I get a voicemail message is go to the dialer and press & hold the 1 button and it goes straight to voicemail. I tried to see if I would go to voicemail straight from the Edge notification and got that same thing about Visual Voicemail, which I have no need for. I just backed out of it, then I just retrieved my voicemail the old way. Press 1 on the dialer.

Posted From my Verizon Galaxy Note Edge via the Android Central App. And Don't Eat The Yellow Snow!
    08-05-2015 07:50 PM
    How is this still a problem. It makes me want to switch to tmobile. I just got the LG v20 and this makes me angry.

02-03-2017 09:05 PM