Syncing a hard drive to the 12-2

popengchan

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I just bought A SamsungGalaxy Note Pro 12.2. I have a Seagate 1 TB Back Up Plus hard drive .

Now as the title says , I want to connect both to play movies. I also bought an OTG cable to use. Now, I know that I need to format my HDD to either Fat 32 or exfat for my note Pro to read the drive. When I tried to format my HDD, only two options are seen, NTFS and ex Fat . So I formatted with exfat . I have about 500 GB of movies on my drive, when I connected my HDD which is in exFat,my GNP 12.2 could recognize that a drive was connected but could not see the contents . l tried in the file manager as well but to no avail. l tried putting in my 4GB USB stick with a couple of pictures and it worked . I tried reformatting my HDD to ex Fat but now with the setting "default allocation size" (initially it was in 32000 kb on allocation size as I have about hundreds of MB per file ) . Then I just put in one movie, now my GNP could see the file .

Now, how come my GNP did not recognize my HDD, is it the allocation size, or the number and amount of files 1 have on my drive (which is very large) . l kind of doubt that it's the size As I read that others Connect in about 2TB HDD to their GNP . If it's the allocation size, Can someone explain why this is so? Or any one has any ideas why mine does not work/ connect ?

Posted via Android Central App