OTG cable that supports charging at the same time

popengchan

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys :) can any one suggest an OTG cable that can support charging of the android device at the same time? I looked through Amazon and seems like there are hit and misses, not a perfect one as to what I'm looking for.

Example, I see cables that has 3 ports, 2.0 otg cable to attach to the device, female micro usb 2.0, female 2.0 usb (for attachment of the external device). Sometimes I see the female micro usb is for charging the EXTERNAL device and not the android device (external power for hdd) itself. Sometimes, I see that it only works for usb flash drives and not hard drives. The female micro usb 2.0 never supports a charging of the android device itself.

Anyone uses an exact cable that I am referring to? Like connecting a full 2TB hard drive to an android phone/tablet to watch movies and charge at the same time?

Thanks for all the help guys :) appreciate it.

Posted via Android Central App

Whitak3r

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
I cant post links, but I'm referring to the DECEC cable.

Does anyone know if I can charge and stream media at the same time? I'd like to use this on my note pro to watch a movie from my external hdd, and still have it charge at the same time. If not, do ANY of the cables work like that? I noticed this one has a switch, is there any that charge and work in OTG at the same time? Is there a cheap one like this that works like that. I noticed the first one is like fourty bucks.

Is this compatible with the s6 edge plus?

Thank you for any and all help!!

madaudio

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Through a link in one of the links I previously mentioned I came across this:

http://lavalink.com/products/samsun...bs-2/usb-otg-host-charge-adapter-tab4-tabpro/

I have no personal knowledge of whether it really works, or of the reputation of the company. This is not a recommendation, just a suggestion for you to look at and evaluate yourself. But would be very interested in results if you do try it out, or if anybody else has tried it.

BobBuilder10

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
You can only support drive sizes that the device you are plugging into will support.
Usually 16gb 32gb 64gb 128gb or 256gb.
But you can plug as many drives of that size as your usb hub can support.
As for charging there are a couple of units on ebay Im looking into. If I have any luck will post details.

treetopsranch

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
So far I have not heard of anyone having success at charging and streaming media at the same time for this device. Some have reported that playing videos and charging at the same time even drains the battery or just holds it even but does not charge it up.