S-Pen holder kit scratches screen protector. How do I stop this?

A

AC Question

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note Pro and bought an S-Pen Holder Kit that came with an older model S-Pen to insert into the holder making the size much nicer to use. The S-Pen started scratching my screen protector so I stopped using it and now just use the stylus that came with the tablet.
Has anyone had such an experience?
Can I smooth the tip?
How do I go about doing this?

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
No sure I understand your issue exactly since it's not entirely clear what pen you're using and what kind of tip it is. "S-Pen" isn't really descriptive IMO since I consider the stylus included in the tablet as an S-Pen too.

In any case the best advice I have is to look at the possibility of changing nibs in the S-Pen (and again I have no idea what you have nor would I know if replacement tips are available for every possible "S-Pen" iteration out there). The only other thing I can think of is change your screen protector type. Those appear to be the only two obvious options IMO (well the third is go without a screen protector).

I use a tempered glass screen protector on my tablet, its from Mime USA:

http://mimeusa.com/product/galaxy-note-pro-12-2-ghost-glass-screen-protector

I installed it on day 1 about 18 months ago on this tablet and have no issues with scratches on the protector itself. Worth it IMO, but keep in mind that the surface is slick just like stock glass so if grippy feel is important to your writing style it may not be a great choice.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Me2s