Note switches from Wifi to 4g when using apps

bluerose5

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I'm new here and hoping to get some help. I've had a Samsung note for about 2 months, and still trying to learn how to use it.

I was having issues going through a lot of data compared to my iPhone, and purchased an app called Ad Blocker. This cut out the ads, which was great.

However, I just started to notice (it's probably been doing this for a while and I just realized it) that when we use the apps, it switches from wifi to 4g. We're usually at home and always using Wifi while at home, so I can't figure out what setting is making it default to 4g while in an app. What do I need to fix?

Also, I notice it doesn't automatically connect to wifi when I'm home. I have to manually connect to wifi or the 4g shows. Do I have a setting wrong?

Any help you can provide would be great.

Thanks!

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forum. I have not known or experienced your particular problem before.

However, I'll dig around to see if I can assist.

Galaxy Note! Phone. Tablet. Planner. Notepad. eReader. The only device I need!

Reactions: bluerose5

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
@bluerose5: I have tried to duplicate your issue in multiple ways and can't seem to do it.

My data source remains the same when using native and third party apps. I just about tried every setting I could think of and mine seems to work fine.

Regarding the auto switch to wifi I have no problems there either. I tried deselecting the auto connect to At&t wi-fi hotspot, and that didn't seem to make any difference.

I'm sorry I couldn't be more helpful. :(

I'll keep checking around and I'll check in if I discover something.

bluerose5

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
I remember reading something out "use packet data". I have this checked. Should it be? Data Roaming is not checked.

I think since I changed those settings is when I noticed an issue.

Also, I just did a little test (should have thought of this before). I took one of my app games off of the Ad Blocker app I have. So I left the ads unblocked. When I went into the app, and played it, then came out of it, the wifi remained on and didn't go to 4g. Wonder if this app is somehow affecting this? When the app is blocked for ads, it goes to 4g.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non