Would you get it?

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
According to the article here on AC the Samsung Galaxy Round is set to release in Korea today with no information on whether or not it's going to be released to different regions. If it were to release in your area, would you get it?

I could see myself getting into this device if it came over to the US and hit AT&T. The thing that catches my eye is the tilt-based interface. I think it would be cool to be able to check your phone for messages just by tilting it towards you while it rests on a table. It also seems like the curved form factor would feel better in your hand. I currently have the Note 2 and sometimes think it would be easier to maneuver with one hand if it was a little bit curved.

So what does everyone else think about the Samsung Galaxy Round?

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Valid points but I don't think any carrier would price it in the $1,015 range because it would never sell.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Specs aren't all that bad....but the price is a definite downside.

Valid points but I don't think any carrier would price it in the $1,015 range because it would never sell.

Most likely not but if they did we wouldn't see a lot sold. Specs are decent too. I was surprised to see the large screen size.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Most likely not but if they did we wouldn't see a lot sold. Specs are decent too. I was surprised to see the large screen size.

I think for right now, it might be hard for US carriers to subsidize.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Decent? They're the same as the Note 3's but with a slightly smaller battery

Posted via Android Central App

DavidN1966

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I have the note 3 since day one and I won't give it up for this phone no way! The note is a beast and ran everything and anything I tried on it with no lag whatsoever

sent from my note 3

captainkirkw

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Can't say yet that I would get it but I definitely want to check it out in person so I can make that decision. Plus I want to see how it fits in my pocket and if it will actually curve to my thigh.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using AC Forums mobile app

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I have the note 3 since day one and I won't give it up for this phone no way! The note is a beast and ran everything and anything I tried on it with no lag whatsoever

sent from my note 3

This phone has the same processor...so no lag either

Last edited:

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Call Apple nonnovative. Call Samsung downright foolish. Curved display? Really? Christ.

Sent from SGN III

What's wrong with it? They're not marketing it as the best phone ever or telling everyone to go buy it. It's just another option you have. Believe it or not, there has to be SOMEONE out there who would love a phone like this.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
What's wrong with it? They're not marketing it as the best phone ever or telling everyone to go buy it. It's just another option you have. Believe it or not, there has to be SOMEONE out there who would love a phone like this.

I'm thinking that person would be me :)

I like the design because it's definitely something different. I'm all for trying this phone out.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Just imagine if the curved display is the first step in making a phone more flexible. Samsung already has highly flexible screens. No more people accidentally sitting on their phones and crushing them.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Just imagine if the curved display is the first step in making a phone more flexible. Samsung already has highly flexible screens. No more people accidentally sitting on their phones and crushing them.

Right now they have the flexible screen on top and the components in a small box at the bottom. Looks kind of weird

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38