Speed Test

MAGiK9

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Just did my first speed test in Columbus, Ohio.. Here's my results:

Test Date: Nov 6, 2011 5:07:20 pmConnection Type: UmtsServer: Piketon, OHDownload: 5.38 MbpsUpload: 0.97 MbpsPing: 116 ms

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
7.5 mbps in Indianapolis. MUCH better than the 3 i was getting with the GSII. Should be better once they officially have LTE up and running.

MAGiK9

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
In my GS2, I was running the sim card from my 3Gs and I was getting pretty sluggish speeds. Today the rep put in a 4g sim card.. Would that really make a coherence or is it just a gimmick?

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
In my GS2, I was running the sim card from my 3Gs and I was getting pretty sluggish speeds. Today the rep put in a 4g sim card.. Would that really make a coherence or is it just a gimmick?

Shouldn't have made a difference for the GSII. My Skyrocket has the the same sim they put in the GSII I had. My GSII was slower than I expected as well.

shansmi

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
a693481e-23af-b148.jpg

Just hit 38 down and 11 up in Dallas! I will post a pick later...

Pick uploaded! Yes from Dallas I am using servers in Atlanta.

Last edited:

MAGiK9

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Test Date: Nov 7, 2011 6:04:30 amConnection Type: HspaServer: New York, NYDownload: 8.97 MbpsUpload: 1.16 MbpsPing: 107 ms

Wow.. I'm excited to see what I can get this phone to do. Especially with an unlimited data plan!

chmcke01

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Any idea when that LTE is going to fire up in Indy??

I just called AT&T a few days ago and they told me about the LTE rollout and when I might see it. Unfortunately it was bad news, but oh well. We will be getting SOME "fake" 4G in December, and by the end of March the area where I live (in Kentucky) will be completely covered with the fake 4G. They said it would probably be mid to late 2013 before we saw LTE because I live in a somewhat rural area.

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
It was said Texas and Athens would see blazing speeds, with cities like Chicago (my home) would be more subdued. Looks like you folks in Texas are confirming that.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

notacyborg

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
WOW! That is smoking! I got 25 down and 11 up in Plano (25 miles north of Dallas) this morning at 6:30 am.

Nice. I figure both San Antonio being the former HQ and Dallas being the current HQ will get some of the better speeds overall. I got that traveling eastbound on I-10 approaching downtown from the northwest side. Funny part is that is right around where the voice signal will almost always disconnect me on the upper level of I-10,

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Nice. I figure both San Antonio being the former HQ and Dallas being the current HQ will get some of the better speeds overall. I got that traveling eastbound on I-10 approaching downtown from the northwest side. Funny part is that is right around where the voice signal will almost always disconnect me on the upper level of I-10,

Sweet! I bought my phone down in SA yesterday! (was there for my sisters bday) I was able to save $100 because the SR is 250 up here in DFW. Thank you San Antonio!!!

fogel35

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site

It is amazing what that big frequency wave that 700mHz will do for travel and penetration. Bring on VoLTE.