USB constantly refreshes unable to recognize on PC

dbomb88

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I am a brand new user to android phones, longtime iphone user so please bear with me ! Just got the phone today and absolutely love it with this one exception.

Simply put... I cannot connect the phone to my PC (windows 7 64 bit). The phone itself recognizes that it is connected but is constantly alreting me in my message box that it is connected. Ive gathered that i need to press "connect" on the phone to connect it to my PC. BUT the usb icon only flashes on the screen for a split second. its like its stuck in an infinite loop of initiating and establishing a connection. Device manager on the PC is unable to recognize the device drivers.

Think you guys can help me out?

Nchaka

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I had a similar problem and it was recommended that I try Samsung Kies. It will put the drivers on your computer and you will be able to connect to it.
Kies 2.0

dbomb88

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the responses guys i really appreciate it. Actually figured out what the issue is...
spddy - i disabled my firewall, no luck.

I have two front facing usb ports on my PC. Worked 100% fine with my iphone so i assumed they were 'ok' for the hell of it i plugged into a USB port on the back of my PC and that fixed it... i can now see and connect to USB storage from the notification center. Kind of a bummer. I'm out of USB ports and the darn cord to come with is much to short.

Thank you for the ideas, I am downloading Kies 2.0 as we speak and will definitely be utilizing that. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty