Missing text messages

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I have recently noticed some of my messages don't deliver or come hours after they are sent. All occurrences have been on messages received.

Any body else having issues?

Iamdunne

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I have recently noticed some of my messages don't deliver or come hours after they are sent. All occurrences have been on messages received.

Any body else having issues?

Yes I just came on here to post after spending some times on the AT&T forums. I have been having text issues coming and going really bad this past week. I really only text my family who is also on AT&T so they are the only ones I would ask why they didn't respond to a text I sent and both people showed me their phones (blackberry and atrix) and their message shows as sent. It can be in the middle of a conversation thread. Last night my husband sent a photo to 4 of us in the same house and all got it but me! I also have messages that fail or sometimes they say they fail and the person actually has received them. The failed messages has been going on for a few weeks now, but I have only noticed not receiving messages this past week. But how do you know really?

What frustrates me is I returned the vivid also a LTE phone last month because I was receiving some messages in triplicate and out of order texts. I do live in a LTE market. I would think perhaps it was a LTE phone issue but in the At&t forum there were people who posted who had iPhones, and several people with skyrockets.

One last thing I find interesting is I have a friend who is on Verizon who just swapped her phones yesterday because she too said she and her daughter were having missed messages and they thought it was the phones. I have taken my battery out and sim for 15 minutes I am going to turn back on and considering a system restore, though there had been some people on the AT&T forum who tried this and didn't resolve the issues. If anyone else is having this issue with a skyrocket I encourage you to contact at&t. Thanks

blweldon2

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Some people have that issue when they are using a non-LTE sim card in an LTE area. Are you using an old sim card from another phone?

Sent from my battery draining Skyrocket.

blweldon2

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
I would contact att about that. I do not live in an LTE area, but I know of people who are in those areas that have your problems. I personally have no problems whatsoever.

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I am in a LTE market (with an LTE sim card) and having the same problems... Eg receiving the same message three times... Out going message fail ... And messages are sent out of order sometimes days later.

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
My SIM is the correct card for LTE. Only recently noticed the issues, but it may have gone on for awhile now. Will contact ATT this week.
Really want to love this phone. Love the size, speed(when i have a network.)

Iamdunne

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
LazrRocketArm and Jcoututemobile what is the latest status with your phones and texts? I haven't noticed missing texts as of yet just some failed sent texts and duplicate received texts for me.

MAGiK9

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I, too, have these symptoms. Sometimes I'll send a picture and it won't go through until the next day. But the most annoying part is getting the same text three or four times.

I thought it was a 2.3.6 bug, but i am rooted on NeXuS ROM (2.3.5) and still have these issues.
:(

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Still getting duplicate text and fail texts. I have found that if I turn airplane mode on then off again my failed text will go through so I am beginning to think the problem is with the phone and not the network.

Iamdunne

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I have a moderator on another forum also trying to help me problem solve. If I find out any solutions I will post. Thanks

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
i havent noticed any probs the last few days.
Ok, maybe a couple failed send issues the other day. No missing texts that Iknow of..
Havent had time to call ATT either.

Just do not expect much help. Hard issue to duplicate or document...

blweldon2

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Well if all else fails, factory reset might help. It's a pretty common problem with numerous AT&T phones. I really blame AT&T though. You don't see Verizon customers complaining about this as often.

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Well if all else fails, factory reset might help. It's a pretty common problem with numerous AT&T phones. I really blame AT&T though. You don't see Verizon customers complaining about this as often.
Agreed about ATT having multiple phones with issues. Sounds like a network problem

blweldon2

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
When I had a blackberry, I had multiple texts going in and out. Not surprisingly, it started when i switched from tmo to at&t all those years ago. At&t has a horrible network.

Iamdunne

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Tried the reset today powered phone back up and had a duplicate text . Stopped in to at&t today and they messed with it and of course could not get it to happen again. They swapped out my Sim , will see if it helps .

crosston

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
My last incoming txt message was Friday at about 8pm, this shows in both my phone logs and on the ATT website under "recent usage." I have validated with two other users (one on ATT the other not) that they have sent me txt messages at least twice each since then and I haven't received a single txt since then. They also confirm (as does my phone log and the ATT site) they recieve my outbound text messages.So, I'm successfully sending txts but not receiving any at all. Anyone else? Think if it was a phone problem they would at least show on the ATT site? as cued up and waiting on delivery? Or is my logic off on that?

hillucla

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
Anyone found a resolution yet? I have been having major troubles with texts not sent and not being received especially the last few days. I recently starting using ChompSMS so I thought that might be it so I uninstalled it and went back to using Handcent. Did not seem to make a difference.

Would getting a new sim card help? I am hesitant to do a factory restore as I am not sure what all I have backed up nor how to do a total backup so I don't have to reinstall everything.