04-24-2012 03:21 PM
107 12345
tools
    Looks like they may have pulled the update for the time being. Tried checking for updates about 10 minutes ago and it said that my software was up to date.
    02-22-2012 10:33 AM
    Looks like they pulled the update. I tried earlier this morning and had the update. Now I don't. My phone ends in KJ2.

I don't understand. I wish ATT and Samsung would stop screwing around and just release ICS already.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk
    02-22-2012 10:35 AM
    I reset and it let me download and failed. But it looks like my reset did not reset my baseband. - this was earlier about an hour ago, now looks like update has been pulled
    02-22-2012 11:01 AM
    I did a reset as well and changed the date and it still shows me that my software is current. Guess it was pulled.

02-22-2012 11:18 AM
    Ok everyone,

If you are not on baseband ending in KJ2 - DO NOT BOTHER WITH THE UPDATE!!! It won't work

Talked with a buddy at AT&T corporate, they goofed(no surprise), and he confirmed what has been noticed on xda about the baseband.
    I am on KJ2 and it doesn't work for me.

02-22-2012 11:25 AM
    I finally got my update to install late last night. Had to do a factory reset for it to work though. Not worth it! As far as changes go, what I have found so far is a new lock screen and they removed some of the live wallpapers. Also you can no longer set your wallpaper to scroll behind your home screen as you change pages. If I find anything else that is notable I'll post it here. I had 2.3.6 from the November update but I don't remember the baseband or build numbers. Here is a screen shot of the new one's.
    02-22-2012 12:44 PM
    The software update bricked my skyrocket. I have a white screen that says loading, and an empty progress bar. Can reboot but just goes back to the same screen. Tried a few things I read online but nothing works. Please is there anyone who can help?
    02-22-2012 07:22 PM
    The software update bricked my skyrocket. I have a white screen that says loading, and an empty progress bar. Can reboot but just goes back to the same screen. Tried a few things I read online but nothing works. Please is there anyone who can help?
    Just commented on your bricked thread
    02-22-2012 08:06 PM
    Try this link from your phone, if that doesn't work, not sure why.

https://xdm.wireless.att.com/agents/...27UCKJ2-to-LA3
    I tried this, but it opens up the page. I have the KJ2 prefix too.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket using Tapatalk
    02-22-2012 10:12 PM
    mine is frozen with a white software update screen, and a progress bar, but no progress after all night.
    I'm on with at&t tech support right now
    is there any way to avoid a master reset?
    02-23-2012 06:44 AM
    Anyone stuck in bootloops or soft-bricked should check out the bricked thread. I posted some info about Odin that should get you up and running again.
    02-23-2012 06:53 AM
    I posted a thanks in the other thread, Ronnie2, but I'll say it again - thanks!

The second link you posted was the same as the first link, so I couldn't find the actual Odin program. Mind checking again? Thanks so much!
    02-23-2012 07:19 AM
    Your welcome, I'm happy to help. Everyone should have a working phone hehe. I fixed the link on my post too. It links to a rooting thread but the downloads for Odin and the drivers are near the top of the page.
    02-23-2012 07:32 AM
    So, I checked mine again, and it says it's updated. Yet, I still show the same baseband. One of my friends has a different baseband than mine, and he has 2.3.6. Gotta love consistency.
    02-23-2012 05:39 PM
    SAMSUNG RELEASED A FAULTY UPDATE! I used Odin to recover my phone. I downloaded the SkyrocketCWMrecovery.tar file. Put it under CSC. Once ODIN reads phone click start. Done. Phone rebooted and I no data was lost!!! Save your self the hassle of a warranty exchange. ***DO NOT HAVE "RE-PARTITION" CHECKED IN ODIN!!!!*** Hope this helps you all. I am fairly new to the whole developer world so excuse my noob language. I work for Att and took a customers phone home to fix and seem to have stumbled upon this fix. Let me know if it works for you.
    02-23-2012 10:34 PM
    Since you work for AT&T, will there be a re-release on the update? Also, it doesn't seem like people got the same software (ex: different OS versions).

02-24-2012 08:42 AM
    What is up with ATT and the skyrocket updates? That is the second one they have pulled and my BT is still crap. This phone is going up for sale as soon at I know I am keeping my GNote, which should be in another week or so... Not dealing with this anymore.
    02-25-2012 11:46 AM
    What is up with ATT and the skyrocket updates? That is the second one they have pulled and my BT is still crap. This phone is going up for sale as soon at I know I am keeping my GNote, which should be in another week or so... Not dealing with this anymore.
    Can't blame you there. However, are you going to be content that the OS will essentially be the same as the SR? Hopefully, your updates with the Note would go smoother than the SR's. I'm almost to the point of just rooting mine, and leave it that way until ICS comes along.
    02-25-2012 05:57 PM
    Got the update on Thursday with no problems, but to those of you successfully got the update, what other changes have you noticed?

Besides the lock screen animation I noticed the following:
    1) the email app updates/refreshes ever 15 min instead of every 5 (I know the 5 min intervals uses more battery life but I like it - might have something to do with being a former Blackberry user).
    1) wallpapers can only be set in portrait, not landscape ( this really pisses me off because I have some cool wallpapers that look better in landscape)

So it appears there are more changes than what has been officially announced.

That's what noticed so far. Has anyone noticed these changes or any others?
    Reggie likes this.
    02-25-2012 08:49 PM
    Can't blame you there. However, are you going to be content that the OS will essentially be the same as the SR? Hopefully, your updates with the Note would go smoother than the SR's. I'm almost to the point of just rooting mine, and leave it that way until ICS comes along.
    I have owned the captivate, skyrocket, international and ATT gnotes. All the Bluetooth connections were or are fine except the SR. I have seen slow updates but not seen this pattern; releasing then pulling updates twice...
    02-27-2012 08:25 AM
    1) wallpapers can only be set in portrait, not landscape ( this really pisses me off because I have some cool wallpapers that look better in landscape)
    Could this be solved with another launcher maybe? I didn't get the update yet, but I would hate to lose the landscape wallpaper if/when it comes.
    02-27-2012 05:22 PM
    SAMSUNG RELEASED A FAULTY UPDATE! I used Odin to recover my phone. I downloaded the SkyrocketCWMrecovery.tar file. Put it under CSC. Once ODIN reads phone click start. Done. Phone rebooted and I no data was lost!!! Save your self the hassle of a warranty exchange. ***DO NOT HAVE "RE-PARTITION" CHECKED IN ODIN!!!!*** Hope this helps you all. I am fairly new to the whole developer world so excuse my noob language. I work for Att and took a customers phone home to fix and seem to have stumbled upon this fix. Let me know if it works for you.
    ATTDAVE you say you used Odin, did it change the Flash Counter? If so, which most likely it did, you just voided your customers warranty, even if it was a stock ROM. If the phone ever gets any warranty work done AT&T and/or Samsung will be able to check to see if it has been flashed, thus Voiding Warranty. I hope your customer is aware of this. I know I would be upset, to see an AT&T rep make that decision for me. I hope all works out well for you and your customer.
    02-27-2012 06:42 PM
    I don't know who you are, masked man, but you're my hero! Had tried all other stuff on these forums... You're the MAN!
    Thanks!
    02-27-2012 08:20 PM
    I have owned the captivate, skyrocket, international and ATT gnotes. All the Bluetooth connections were or are fine except the SR. I have seen slow updates but not seen this pattern; releasing then pulling updates twice...
    I've not used my BT on SR, which is odd considering I've used it on my Nokia e71 and Nexus One respectively. I've been irritated about the update missteps. I'm looking into rooting mine.

How have you liked the GNote so far? If I can find a way to get it way early (my wife's contract doesn't end for over a year, and of course I got my SR 3 months ago), I'd love to get it.

02-27-2012 10:04 PM
    I've not used my BT on SR, which is odd considering I've used it on my Nokia e71 and Nexus One respectively. I've been irritated about the update missteps. I'm looking into rooting mine.

How have you liked the GNote so far? If I can find a way to get it way early (my wife's contract doesn't end for over a year, and of course I got my SR 3 months ago), I'd love to get it.

I love it! I sprung for the International Version in December which is a fantastic phone! When the ATT version came out I picked it up on launch day to try it out for 30 days. The LTE makes up for a lot of bloat and changes for the International. Overall a great screen! And the Bluetooth is excellent on both. My ATT GNote finally works with Bluetooth like it should with my car and Jawbone. I do not know what happened to the skyrocket, but it looks like it will be getting the boot soon! Once thing on the ATT Gnote is the battery life is not where I expected. I am struggling to get 14 hours. I expected less battery than the International but it i a tad less than I expected.
    jsarino likes this.
    02-28-2012 08:06 PM
107 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD