How long does it take your gmail to sync?

foreverwarriors

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Since I got the phone a week ago, I have been having issues with Gmail syncing. While sometimes, I immediately get notified that I have a new email, most of the time it takes up to 20 minutes for my Gmail to sync and a notification to pop up. Yesterday, there was one point in the day where it took over 2 hours for Gmail to sync, and even then, it was because I went into settings to see when it last synced which forced it to manually sync. Under accounts and sync in settings I have both Background data and Auto-sync enabled.

Has anyone else had issues similar to this?

robor007

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I have Gmail for my 2nd personal account. It doesn't get that much mail but when I do get a message it sometimes takes a few minutes for it to display. I often have to go away from the message and come back to it for the pics to display. Given the HORRIBLE web GUI interface and frequent problems with the mobile client, I don't know why anyone would use it for a primary. Does it have IMAP now?

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
No issues here. Do you have large files that are being sent to and from your email? How far back are you telling it to sync? I just have mine set to sync the last 4 days.

Tiffany Richardson1

May 28, 2015
Visit site
Since I got the phone a week ago, I have been having issues with Gmail syncing. While sometimes, I immediately get notified that I have a new email, most of the time it takes up to 20 minutes for my Gmail to sync and a notification to pop up. Yesterday, there was one point in the day where it took over 2 hours for Gmail to sync, and even then, it was because I went into settings to see when it last synced which forced it to manually sync. Under accounts and sync in settings I have both Background data and Auto-sync enabled.

Has anyone else had issues similar to this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez