2.3.6 speaker woes

thoth93

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Just upgraded, but I've got a strange problem. It seems that my phone doesn't understand it has an internal speaker.

If I use speakerphone, I can make and receive calls. I presume if I use a Bluetooth device, it would be much the same.

But if I try to dial or receive a call using the internal speaker ... nothing. I can't hear anything and the people on the other end can't hear anything. No matter what the volume settings, etc.

If I switch to speakerphone ... voila -- sound.

Now, I don't want to use speakerphone for every call, so I'm hoping that some kind soul might point toward a setting or somesuch that I may have missed or been added in the update. Otherwise, I'm taking the sucker back to AT&T tomorrow to see if they can help.

I'd gladly roll back to my previous OS version, but I don't believe I can do that easily.

Any advice?

Brian

thoth93

May 13, 2012
Visit site
So believe it or not, I did this and ... nothing changed. I can still only use my speakerphone for calls.

I'm certainly flummoxed.

gudaman

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
My comment will be of no use and is slightly unrelated but i had this same issue with my last phone, the Samsung Captivate.

whats the deal with these phones eh?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana