Troubleshooting options before Factory Reset

hellrod87

Feb 17, 2011
disrupt.fm
For about a month now, my completely stock Skyrocket has been randomly rebooting from time to time. It's nothing that I can recreate; sometimes it will be sitting on the desk and reboot, other times it occurs when I click on anything. When it first started, I did a little clean up on my phone (remove unused apps, update all apps, etc etc) hoping that would fix it but didn't have any luck. After a week or two of reboots, I took the Jellybean update hoping that it would correct the problem. Unfortunately it only seems to have made it worse.

I'm willing to do a factory reset, but only as a last resort. Is there anything else that I can try before doing the factory reset? I'm out of warranty and a few months from an upgrade.

Phone details: 4.1.2
Baseband: I27UCMC1
Kernel: 3.0.31-844954

Thanks in advance, everyone.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
For about a month now, my completely stock Skyrocket has been randomly rebooting from time to time. It's nothing that I can recreate; sometimes it will be sitting on the desk and reboot, other times it occurs when I click on anything. When it first started, I did a little clean up on my phone (remove unused apps, update all apps, etc etc) hoping that would fix it but didn't have any luck. After a week or two of reboots, I took the Jellybean update hoping that it would correct the problem. Unfortunately it only seems to have made it worse.

I'm willing to do a factory reset, but only as a last resort. Is there anything else that I can try before doing the factory reset? I'm out of warranty and a few months from an upgrade.

Phone details: 4.1.2
Baseband: I27UCMC1
Kernel: 3.0.31-844954

Thanks in advance, everyone.

Try rebooting into recovery and wiping cache. Power off. Hold volume up, and power at the same time. Release when you see Samsung logo. You get a menu with a highlighted bar. Volume keys navigate. Scroll down to wipe cache partition. click power to accept. Let it do its thing, should take 15 seconds give or take. When it's done it should bring ou back to menu, highlighting reboot now. Hit power to accept.

See if that helps.

hellrod87

Feb 17, 2011
disrupt.fm
Try rebooting into recovery and wiping cache. Power off. Hold volume up, and power at the same time. Release when you see Samsung logo. You get a menu with a highlighted bar. Volume keys navigate. Scroll down to wipe cache partition. click power to accept. Let it do its thing, should take 15 seconds give or take. When it's done it should bring ou back to menu, highlighting reboot now. Hit power to accept.

That seems to have worked. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty