How to charge battery properly on 1st use & is an adapter okay?

Alazarin

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys. I have two questions for ya.

There seems to be various opinions on how to properly charge the battery when you first get the S2.

I seem to here two ways:

1) Charge the battery fully (maybe a good 8 hours? Anyone have a good value?) BEFORE first usage. Then you can go ahead and use it. <--- I was taught this way back the early millenium with all the new fancy cell phones.

OR

2) I assume there is probably going to be somewhere between 50-80% of battery life before you even put the battery into the phone. Thus, one should use up the battery until it drains completely. Then recharge it back up to full again. And vice versa.

Which is the correct method of choice as far as preserving battery life? Does it even matter?

My second question deals with whether an adapter for the battery charger would be okay. Like many of those who live in the states, we have to import the S2. I bought mine from Expansys-USA, which gave me a UK/European model adapter and then a generic converter (for converting UK/Europe to US/North America). Anyone know if this is okay for the phone or battery? It seems like there would be an "extra barrier" to prevent the phone from charging 100% accurately or properly. I do not know too much about electrical engineering, but it just feels like the Europe-to-NA adapter is acting as a sandwich between the phone and the outlet.

Should I go as far as buying an adapter from Canada (if they have one available) to ensure maximum charging compatibility?

heihei

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: How to charge battery properly on 1st use & is an adapter oka

Hi, Just found some informtion for your questions. I found it from one of the ebay selling. Click on the site and scroll down in the middle of the body. You will see some instruction to bring battery's max capacity (after the break-in period). I think this instruction can apply to all battery. No harm to try. Hope this can help. Let me know if it works. Thanks.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-..._sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

Last edited:

Zaen Zar

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site

Good question, What did you do? how did this work out for you?

anon(516601)

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site

I charged mine until it was full, used the phone and topped it up whenever it dropped below 50%. Have done this since my first smartphone (BlackBerry 7230) and always seems to be fine. I only let it drain right down if I absolutely have to and try to never let it drain below 20% and I always seem to get about 1 1/2 years of good health out of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87