Samsung Galaxy S2 Reset Problems

dudesnowman

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
This is my first time posting on the forum, I'm quite desperate for help.

So, my S2 has had a lot of problems recently with crashing and turning off etc, so I decided to do the reset. I navigated through settings and selected 'erase everything'. I'm sitting here, over 12 hours later, with my phone still displaying 'Unmounting USB storage' and I have no idea what to do. If this is normal and I just need to wait it out then that's fine, I'm just worried something has gone wrong.

Please help!

Thanks!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

So, my S2 has had a lot of problems recently with crashing and turning off etc, so I decided to do the reset. I navigated through settings and selected 'erase everything'. I'm sitting here, over 12 hours later, with my phone still displaying 'Unmounting USB storage' and I have no idea what to do. If this is normal and I just need to wait it out then that's fine, I'm just worried something has gone wrong.

Please help!

Thanks!
Welcome to the forums!
If it were me, I would pull the battery and wait a few minutes. Replace and then reboot into recovery to factory reset. However, I am not exactly sure if that is the best course of action either.

Ciribaski

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site

Please help!

Thanks!

Maybe it's too late, but if you are on stock rom try resetting with kies.

Sent from space

Krishna Chowdary

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
recently my S2 started getting over heated n batter drains quickly and offcourse all applications malfunction. So first I installed unwanted applications n the cleared all the cache files, but still no use

I tried to upgrade firmware which keep telling when I connect to kies via windows PC but never completed its action. gets hang and then phone disconnects.

after few google suggestions, I went for factory reset then try to update software through wifi but now it rejects my samsung password and says wrong password

I tried again firm update thru kies but still same problem

Even thou I used backup file, the phone gets overheated where quickly.

Someone can help on this