Random questions

drelix

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
As I am new to smart phones etc
I was given a samsung galaxy s2 to use second hand said the battery was not great but brought one off eBay genuine

So a few questions
1) does the new battery take a while to run in ?
2) how long should it last with just small usage?
3) it was originally a Telstra phone and I have put a Optus sim in as Telstra phones are not locked these days though randomly the internet won't connect until I go back into settings and click on and off again ?
I am not sure if this is a SIM card issue as sim is before smart phones a phone issue
Or any other issues it could be the
phonewas reset to factory settings when I was given it any help on this would be great

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Modern batteries don't really need conditioning and don't have memory. Just charge it up until it's full, then use the phone until it drains to around 20-30%, and charge up again. Avoid letting it run to 0%.

Battery life depends on lots of factors. See this guide for more info: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...how-tos/298919-guide-battery-saving-tips.html. In general, expect around 4-5 hours of total screen-on time, but it depends on how heavy your usage is and what apps you're using.

Not sure about the mobile data reception issue.

Lawrence of a Labia

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
You should check your APN settings for the mobile data issue and make sure they match the ones that Optus uses. The Telstra settings might still be there and could be causing the internet issues.

Technical Settings, SMSC & APNs: Mobile Phone

I don't have a S2 anymore, so I don't know where the APN settings are exactly. I think it's under "Mobile Network Settings" or something like that. If there is a Telstra entry, just delete it and add the settings from the Internet APN section.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non