Is dedicated camera/shutter key really that important??

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I like a shutter button, although not a requirement. On the hero I currently use, the trackball is the shutter button, and since its round its hard to take 1 handed shots without it blurring on me. Horizontal two handed shots work fine.

BetaRoc

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
If I want to take a picture of say myself and my wife in the ever so famous 'arms length pose' ....I turn the timer on 5 seconds and then press the shutter button.

Gives me time to hold the camera at arms length and focus on the angle of the shot and not if my finger is or isn't touching the 'take picture' icon on the screen.

lorsban

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
If I want to take a picture of say myself and my wife in the ever so famous 'arms length pose' ....I turn the timer on 5 seconds and then press the shutter button.

Gives me time to hold the camera at arms length and focus on the angle of the shot and not if my finger is or isn't touching the 'take picture' icon on the screen.

Ah...now, there's a good reason to have that button. Prior to reading this, I actually didn't think there was any practical reason for a dedicated button since tapping the screen is more stable than pushing a hardware button when taking pics with a cam phone, imo.

mdtolic

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
While the phots are coming out great, its really hard to take pics of yourself without the dedicated button. I do that a lot for bass fishing or to send shots to my wife for the kids.

mdtolic

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
While the phots are coming out great, its really hard to take pics of yourself without the dedicated button. I do that a lot for bass fishing or to send shots to my wife for the kids.

schoolboy

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
My cup is half full, but I do wish it had a real button. I will get used to it since it is a lot like my old iphone (with better results). I took some nice pictures today of Navy jets streaking overhead. They should have been blurs of nothing but they were pretty decent.

Addie_Goodvibes

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
At First I really didn't think I would use it. Now that I have it I believe it is very useful, especially the nature of photography. Shooting spur of the moment pictures.. I am a proud daddy to 2 young kids and i am glad to have quick access to a camera without having to open app drawer or click on a shortcut to load the camera, The tactile feedback of a dedicated button with dual function of autofocus and snapping pictures is essential.

I am really liking the Epic..

fredbillie

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Dedicated Shutter Key

A number of sites are counting Galaxy S's lack of dedicated shutter key a bad, but what I can't understand is why is it that important? iPhone doesn't have such key but still works really well for taking pictures. Galaxy S can focus on a screen tap and can take pictures just fine using onscreen camera button, so what can a dedicated hardware shutter key do that onscreen soft-button can't do?

I have reviewed several replies but none seem to point out that without a dedicated camera button it is hard to press the screen button without creating a lot of movement and thus getting a picture which is not as sharp as it could be.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch