s10 internal storage full

Karl Bernhardt

May 20, 2020
Visit site
Hi, my s10 is practically running out of storage space. I have erased as much as possible and only have around 10GB of apps, docs, pics, and videos (see attached printscreen). When going into SETTINGS>DEVICE CARE>STORAGE>ADVANCED>INTERNAL STORAGE there is an option of Photos and Videos that says there are 78GB used, however when I click that option, the gallery opens and I only see the 1GB of pics and videos I have stored on the phone.I have emptied the Gallery trash as well.I would like to know if there is any way to find what is taking up so much space on my phone and freeing up the space?
thank you
Screenshot_20200517-193728_Device care.jpg

Screenshot_20200517-193739_Settings.jpg

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. It's possible that storage includes cache files from browsers, social media or messaging apps. Apps like WhatsApp, Telegram, Facebook, Instagram, etc can accumulate a lot of old media files that are not necessarily visible from your gallery. Check this kind of apps on your phone, specially those that you use most.

Karl Bernhardt

May 20, 2020
Visit site
FB, IG, Telegram, wechat, pinterest, pages manager, whatsapp, skype, linked amongst others. I've reviewed the cache and all seems they been cleaned.
Third party texting apps, not sure, just the texting apps mentioned above.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
FB, IG, Telegram, wechat, pinterest, pages manager, whatsapp, skype, linked amongst others. I've reviewed the cache and all seems they been cleaned.
Third party texting apps, not sure, just the texting apps mentioned above.
Try Telegram first. Open the app - settings - Data and Storage - Storage usage. How is it?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
yup, that was it. crazy, 75GB there. Thanks so much!
Excellent! Yes, we all forget how much junk we accumulate in that kind of apps. Depending on your personal settings Telegram doesn't make media files automatically available from the Gallery and it's more difficult to find where all that storage was used.

Glad it helped and thanks for the follow up.