I got my Samsucks 10+ in March 2018 pre launch. It has been updated 8 times now. So now I basically have a 18+.
    Just when I get used to my phone and upgrade changes it so should I wait to see what happens next or just go get the 20?
    07-01-2020 01:30 PM
    updates are good for the most part. it is really up to you whether or not you want to get a new phone. it will also get the monthly updates and more too.
    mustang7757 and VidJunky like this.
    07-01-2020 02:09 PM
    I'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here as a guest account you can only post questions but can't reply.
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    07-01-2020 02:09 PM
    Honestly you should probably get a Moto G.
    07-01-2020 05:20 PM
    To the OP updates are par for the course. Every device receives them so the purchase of a new device isn't going to stop or slow this. Most updates are security patches and most users don't feel they get enough of those fast enough. Not sure if this was what fuzzylumpkin was jokingly eluding to by bringing up the Moto G, as in it never gets updates or they're very slow to update, but the only way to get out of updates is to get something that is already 2 years old. If you can find a factory new one, you'll probably get several updates out of the box and then nothing.

I can't say that I've gotten an S10+ update in several months that has done anything to outwardly change the phone. So my question is what update did you receive and what do you believe is different?

Can anyone name an update since the one that brought Night Mode to the camera that has visually or usably changed the device?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-01-2020 07:32 PM
    To the OP updates are par for the course. Every device receives them so the purchase of a new device isn't going to stop or slow this. Most updates are security patches and most users don't feel they get enough of those fast enough. Not sure if this was what fuzzylumpkin was jokingly eluding to by bringing up the Moto G, as in it never gets updates or they're very slow to update, but the only way to get out of updates is to get something that is already 2 years old. If you can find a factory new one, you'll probably get several updates out of the box and then nothing.

I can't say that I've gotten an S10+ update in several months that has done anything to outwardly change the phone. So my question is what update did you receive and what do you believe is different?

Can anyone name an update since the one that brought Night Mode to the camera that has visually or usably changed the device?
    Exactly....it's not like the OS changes that often and the monthly updates rarely make drastic changes.
    VidJunky likes this.
    07-01-2020 07:42 PM
    I can think of at least 3 other changes that have occurred in minor updates. In Settings, they renamed and moved the location of "call and text on other devices"(was called something else at launch) from "connections" to "advanced features". Samung cloud storage was eliminated and now uses microsoft one drive. One of the options under digital wellbeing had a name and graphic change (it's dashboard now).
    07-01-2020 08:12 PM
    I can think of at least 3 other changes that have occurred in minor updates. In Settings, they renamed and moved the location of "call and text on other devices"(was called something else at launch) from "connections" to "advanced features". Samung cloud storage was eliminated and now uses microsoft one drive. One of the options under digital wellbeing had a name and graphic change (it's dashboard now).
    The first change you mention isn't much of a functional change. The second is not an OS change at all. The third I'd have to look at but doesn't seem like high impact either. If we were talking about function changed like gestures that might be a little disconcerting to some. To expect no changes is not realistic and I'm certain changes are not made for the sake of change alone.
    Laura Knotek and VidJunky like this.
    07-01-2020 08:47 PM
    Samsung cloud storage isn't eliminated, I'm still using it.
    07-02-2020 12:11 AM
    Samsung cloud storage isn't eliminated, I'm still using it.
    That's what I thought
    07-02-2020 07:02 AM
    That's what I thought
    Yup, still good so far!
    07-02-2020 03:14 PM