S10e Reboots In Freezing Cold Temperatures

George Clinton

Oct 26, 2020
Visit site
Hi everyone! For some reason, a few months ago my phone has started to auto-reboot when it is left outside in the cold for about 4 minutes. I noticed that safe mode did not change this. I also put the phone in my pocket to keep it warm, and that kept it from resetting. But overall, freezing cold temp and it goes off. We are talking at or just below freezing, nothing crazy.

I live in a cold area and really need my phone to work outside of my pocket!

Any ideas anyone of what to do or what might be causing this?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Samsung specs from -4° to 122° (both in Fahrenheit). Below -4°, there's no guarantee that the phone will work.

Keep the phone in a case with some thermal lag (like an Otterbox with its silicone outer layer), keep it in a pocket close to your body (like a front pants pocket), exposed side (the screen) toward your body. Take it out as needed, then put it back.

If you can't use it like that, there are some phones designed for extreme conditions, like sub-zero temperatures, but a standard, off-the-shelf phone won't do it. (If you just need voice, an old feature phone might be best.)

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
It's possibly a weak battery, the battery is the reason phones don't like cold weather and often shut down.

I agree.

That said, it should definitely be able to handle 0°C without dying... Might be worth contacting Samsung.

I'd test mine, but we're not dropping that low yet. Also it's an Exynos model, so it probably never gets that cold lol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699