Breaking up is harder than it looks..... Iphone ---> S10

Mushkie11

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
So I preordered the S10. I have always been a must have the latest and greatest. I have been a long time Apple supporter although I did test drive a S8 before returning it because of the lag and factory installed junk. When the new Iphone came out it was more of the same lousy minimal upgraded features from my X.

After seeing the S10 I decided I may break up with Apple again. Not easy to do! Just so used to iOS but really going to give it a try again. The camera, screen, little features like fingerprint scanner over face id among others will at least get me to test drive this new beauty.

Anyone else considering leaving Apple for this new device????

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
iPhone XS Max to S10 Plus - anyone else making this move?

I've decided that after 6 months of being back on iOS, I want back to Android :)

The Pixel 3XL just doesn't do it for me, not enough of wow-factor to warrant its price IMO and now that the S10 Plus has been revealed, it's swung me back.

The Note 9 was lovely, but massively overkill for my needs (S Pen never got used, nor did any of its functionality) and it was only single SIM

The hybrid SIM of the S10 Plus will do well for me, both personal and business numbers on one phone and with 512GB of storage, I'm never going to run out of space!

FYI I've gone for the S10 Plus 512GB in ceramic black via EE Business here in the UK

The XS Max is a lovely phone, the iPhones really do well; but they leave me feeling a bit cold whereas top-spec Android handsets just feel so much better to me

Looking forward to receiving it :cool:

mach1man

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: iPhone XS Max to S10 Plus - anyone else making this move?

I will likely be making the switch from the Max to the S10+, I was thinking about holding off till the Note 10 bc I do like the S-pen but I rarely used it when I had my note 9

mach1man

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I'll be making the switch as well, I feel like the S10+ is definitely something New and Different with the built in fingerprint scanner, 99% screen and the triple camera. I'll sell my apple watch Nike series 4 to give me the money for an early upgrade fee

Mushkie11

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site

I preordered a S10 which will replace my iPhone X. So tired of Apple putting out these phones with minimal upgrades from their predecessor. I think the camera and the screen alone are far superior in the Samsung. Just nervous about going over to Android.

acroyle

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site

I preordered the regular S10, but will be keeping my Xs Max as well.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I am not swapping for now. The S10 is a great phone but I have other concerns that most don't have (like security updates) and given the track record for Samsung it doesn't do it for me personally.

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site

I preordered a S10 which will replace my iPhone X. So tired of Apple putting out these phones with minimal upgrades from their predecessor. I think the camera and the screen alone are far superior in the Samsung. Just nervous about going over to Android.
From what I see in posts from those who made the switch, the biggest thing they seem to miss is iMessage. I guess if you have a lot of family and friends on i devices, I could understand that.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

From what I see in posts from those who made the switch, the biggest thing they seem to miss is iMessage. I guess if you have a lot of family and friends on i devices, I could understand that.

Yep it is a huge draw when friends and stuff have iMessage -- mainly for sending video without insane compression.

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
So I preordered the S10. I have always been a must have the latest and greatest. I have been a long time Apple supporter although I did test drive a S8 before returning it because of the lag and factory installed junk. When the new Iphone came out it was more of the same lousy minimal upgraded features from my X.

After seeing the S10 I decided I may break up with Apple again. Not easy to do! Just so used to iOS but really going to give it a try again. The camera, screen, little features like fingerprint scanner over face id among others will at least get me to test drive this new beauty.

My brother ended up quitting Apple completely, first with the Mac, and later with the S7E. I don't think that he upgrades as often as I do though. My last Apple device, aside from Beats, was an ipod touch.

I really don't care for the new finger print sensor, but my choices are limited.

AS7Edge

May 13, 2016
Visit site
I am a pretty bad offender of the jump on demand program with T-Mobile, I’ve had every iPhone and Samsung in the last three years. I always seem to go back to apple no matter how marginal the new phone is, love Samsung hardware software not so much. I’m planning on getting the S10 or the S10+ Can’t make up my mind like always. I give up on apple and I agree breaking up is hard to do

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
Breaking up is harder than it looks..... Iphone ---> S10

No. FaceID is better than a fingerprint sensor and the Samsung smartwatches still aren’t as good as the Apple Watch.

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Re: Breaking up is harder than it looks..... Iphone ---> S10

No. FaceID is better than a fingerprint sensor and the Samsung smartwatches still aren’t as good as the Apple Watch.

Agree on the Tizen part. If Apple would make them look less like a chiclet and more like a watch, then I might almost consider them.

For now, my Ticwatch Pro is excellent.

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
It is hard for me to leave the iPhone mainly for one reason. The Apple Watch. I've tried pretty much every smartwatch out there and nothing comes close (for me). I really, really love the Series 4 Apple Watch. The iPhone is pretty much the same ole for the last several years. Can't say I'm leaving the iPhone necessarily but I will replace my S9+ with the S10+ and keep both the S10+ and XS Max.

Notefan161

Jan 9, 2019
Visit site
Re: Breaking up is harder than it looks..... Iphone ---> S10

That remains to be seen...

Watch wise? Active will do fitness and notifications which is what you want out of a smart watch

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
What phone are you rocking now?

I've had my Note 8 since preorder launch and this being my first Samsung device I have been pleasantly surprised that, since first month, I've gotten all the monthly updates (at worst a few days into the next month) as well as the OS update of course. And Youtube performance tests between Note 8 beta OneUI vs Note 9 Pie show the 8 only a tick slower in performance. I'm getting my moneys worth out of my 8... and it only cost me $460 (corp account). ;)

It is a crapshoot though because I'd read the S9 weren't getting monthly updates for months after launch while the Note 8 was still getting them. You'd think the 9 owners would have been the ones to be left behind once the new flagship was out. funny.

Of course I wish we could get the updates as fast as the Pixel but we are talking Samsung here and that would be asking too much lol.

I'm willing to get another Samsung from my experience when time is right. I like the S10 and +... but honestly enjoying my 8 still that I'm not salivating over it enough yet to want a new phone.

I am not swapping for now. The S10 is a great phone but I have other concerns that most don't have (like security updates) and given the track record for Samsung it doesn't do it for me personally.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87