Gear S3 Frontier Contact Issues

lyingfromyou

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone else having issues getting their contacts to sync to the watch..?

I'm not sure if it's a software thing within the Gear Wear app or compatibility issues between the Gear S3 & the S10+...??

It went down hill after a Gear Wear update forced my watch to factory reset.. So weird!

-T-Mobile Galaxy S10+ 128GB-

WizeGuyDezignz

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site

I'm not sure if it's a software thing within the Gear Wear app or compatibility issues between the Gear S3 & the S10+...??

It went down hill after a Gear Wear update forced my watch to factory reset.. So weird!

My Gear S3 Frontier has been fine with my S10 (regular one). My watch shows who the contact is when I get a text if that's what you're asking.

lyingfromyou

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Dang.. I'm definitely having sync issues. I've tried everything I can think of....

These aren't recently added contacts either..

Philipmom

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I had that issue too. I had to make a backup of contacts on the phone, delete them then restore, then factory restore the watch and it showed up. Real pain.

lyingfromyou

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I had that issue too. I had to make a backup of contacts on the phone, delete them then restore, then factory restore the watch and it showed up. Real pain.

I've done everything I can do on my phone and watch.. Still nothing! Gotta be related to the last Galaxy Wear update.

Hope a fix is released soon. Very aggravating.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
So when I get my new phone and I have a Galaxy watch what do I need to do? is it going to reset my watch where do I download the app and let it sync to my watch?

tcmeiss

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. Contacts won't sync since that update. Also, the Timer app is just gone. I use that constantly so that's pretty irritating.

lyingfromyou

May 5, 2011
Visit site
In addition to the advice I've allready received here.. These are the instructions Samsung Support sent me.

This did work. However, it will cause a soft reset of your watch. Don't forget to restart your watch and phone after preforming the instructions above. The only other thing I had to do was allow the Gear Wear app to have permissions for messages and such. Let me know if this helps those of you who are having similar problems.

Attachments

• 710.jpg
    710.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 12

WizeGuyDezignz

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site

So I just got this update a couple days ago and the same thing happened to me. It forced a factory reset and I no longer had my contacts synced.

Fortunately I saw the last time you posted in this thread and followed those instructions. It worked like a charm and everything is working again.

Thanks!

tcmeiss

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Edit... Apparently I'm impatient. Contacts are finally syncing. Took about an hour.

Also, the timer app (which i use almost every day) is missing from my watch for some reason. Anyone seen this or know how to get it back? I can't find it in the store. I guess because it's a core app.

Thanks,