Galaxy Buds Promo - Did I Order Too Early???

jeepentj

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I pre-ordered the phone through Best Buy on 2.20 and submitted my request for the Buds/$130 certificate last night. Samsung denied my request as my purchase wasn't made in the window of the promotion - which started on the 21st.

Am I doing something wrong or am I truly ineligible because I pre-ordered on the 20th instead of the 21st??? Any suggestions on how to get around this?

BrwnSuga3

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I would try calling them. I pre-ordered on 2.20 and submitted my claim yesterday, this morning it was approved.

jeepentj

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Thanks all. I chatted with Samsung online (after waiting 24 minutes) where I was told that the promo didn't start until 2.21 so I was out of luck. I can resubmit the promo one more time but it seems like the same thing will happen.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Mine was also denied when I clearly pre ordered the phone on 2/24.
I just tried again with the same receipt as it's all I have. Does calling them make any difference?

wrt0108

Sep 7, 2017
Visit site
This happened to me when purchasing the V30 through Verizon. I purchased 3 hours before the window started. I was still within the return period. I just threatened to return the phone and cause everyone lost time and money and buy the same phone again within their purchase window. I got the free goodies.

djousma

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
For those that pre ordered from best buy, what proof did you submit to Samsung

Oddly, nothing. As soon as I got my phone, I went in through the SHOP SAMSUNG app, and just clicked through, name/address/phone info filled in automatically. I submitted, and 5 minutes later was approved. No doc submitted at all.

rescuejg

Feb 22, 2017
Visit site
Oddly, nothing. As soon as I got my phone, I went in through the SHOP SAMSUNG app, and just clicked through, name/address/phone info filled in automatically. I submitted, and 5 minutes later was approved. No doc submitted at all.
When I went through the form, just as you did, at the end there was a spot to upload photo. Did you have that as well?

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
When I went through the form, just as you did, at the end there was a spot to upload photo. Did you have that as well?
Yeah for some people it's auto approved without asking for any receipt, for some it's asking receipt. If it asks for receipt then you are looking at somewhere up to 48 hrs for approval if they don't create any more issues saying receipt is not proper or something like that.

lindajm22

Mar 15, 2018
Visit site
I submitted two documents that weren't qualifying. One was my pickup email from Bestbuy that had my pre-order date but not the other requirements I guess, and the other was my actual purchase receipt when I picked it up but that didn't contain my pre-order date. So it told me I didn't qualify and no way to resubmit, and I was like noooooooo I DO qualify! So I just spent an hour on hold waiting for Samsung, but it was worth it because they are letting me resubmit. So I will send them my initial pre-order confirmation email from BB that shows my pre-order date, my name and the ordered device, which I hope is enough. She said it was. I thought they wanted something that shows you actually bought it but I thought wrong. I hope this email works this time!

rescuejg

Feb 22, 2017
Visit site
I submitted two documents that weren't qualifying. One was my pickup email from Bestbuy that had my pre-order date but not the other requirements I guess, and the other was my actual purchase receipt when I picked it up but that didn't contain my pre-order date. So it told me I didn't qualify and no way to resubmit, and I was like noooooooo I DO qualify! So I just spent an hour on hold waiting for Samsung, but it was worth it because they are letting me resubmit. So I will send them my initial pre-order confirmation email from BB that shows my pre-order date, my name and the ordered device, which I hope is enough. She said it was. I thought they wanted something that shows you actually bought it but I thought wrong. I hope this email works this time!
Are you photographing or screenshotting the pre order email?

lindajm22

Mar 15, 2018
Visit site
Are you photographing or screenshotting the pre order email?
I photographed the first one and screen shot the second. But I do realize now that neither one contained all the criteria they were looking for. So I will screen shot my initial pre-order email and submit that. It's easier to do that than print and photograph because I know nothing will be missing.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I pre-ordered the phone through Best Buy on 2.20 and submitted my request for the Buds/$130 certificate last night. Samsung denied my request as my purchase wasn't made in the window of the promotion - which started on the 21st.

Am I doing something wrong or am I truly ineligible because I pre-ordered on the 20th instead of the 21st??? Any suggestions on how to get around this?

I would definitely contact them. That isn't your fault and you are obviously within the period. It is most likely their system or something dumb.

I would be shocked if Samsung wouldn't correct it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty