S10+ reception...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PetieZ

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
The saga continues... after I spoke with Sprint yesterday, it helped, but I am still having lots of issues sending and receiving texts. For instance I probably have 6 different texts with pictures attached that have been trying to go through for hours now...only today. And it's not like I'm in one place that just has bad reception....I've been driving all over the city. I stopped by the sprint store this morning and a tech there told me that they received a message today regarding my specific model having connectivity issues. I have the s10+ 512 GB version in white. I guess I'll wait to see if they can iron out these issues.

PetieZ

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Are you using volte because I'm having similar issues with my s10+ on Sprint in the Columbus, OH market. Going to turn off volte and test without it.

Thanks,

Josh
Josh....voLTE on or off doesn't seem to matter on my end. I've tried both. My data connection just stinks. I.e. driving around today...Waze saying "waiting for network connection" much of the time. Texts also are largely probematic.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Got off phone with Sprint...apn reset...no change.

They had me clean the sim card (which when I flipped it over to see the contacts...it had obvious smudges on it.

Now it works so much better! Hard to believe!

Prolly got my greasy taco fingers on it when inserting the new SD card.

Or chili

Or French fry grease.

Whatevs. I hate me.

Who knew a sim card with a simple fingerprint on it could cause so many issues!? Now network is not disappearing every few mins! Texts are actually coming and going as they should. Thanks for everyone's suggestions!
Those things aren't analog, so seems odd that helped. Seems it will either work fine or not at all.

kmmill00

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I just spoke to Sprint. Same issues. Samsung did something wrong in the software, and the S10+ phones can't stay on the mobile data network. They had me change my connection from Automatic to LTE/CDMA.

You should know that I had this same issue with my S9+ after a software update in November, and it took some time, but was resolved. My husband's S9+ works fine still.

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I was having the same issues as you all for a few days after receiving my S10+. I did some research and saw that some carriers (most of what I've seen was on Sprint) received a small batch of phones which were having network issues such as loss of data connectivity and roaming issues. I got a new sim and still the same issues. I put the sim in my old Galaxy S9+ and it worked fine so I narrowed it down to the device being the culprit. I went to Sprint and had my phone swapped out because it was a defective device and my new one is working great with no issues (knock on wood). If you're not passed your return window, swap it out and see if it helps. Good luck

JHStewart1023

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
I'm having the same issue and sprint wont swap out the devices they're saying an update will be happening on Monday... which is of course AFTER the return window... sucks but oh well.

PetieZ

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
My issue was still ongoing.. Sprint replaced the SIM card yesterday... more updates to come but possibly a slight bit better. I haven't seen an "X" for cell signal yet which was common before. Stay tuned..

PetieZ

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
And my phone came direct from Samsung....not Sprint. 2 different techs at the Sprint store said it is "a known issue with the plus". He said they received a bulletin on the subject.

robber

Oct 2, 2009
Visit site
I am also having huge connectivity issues. Just finally came here to see what's up, or if others are having problems. S 10+ on Sprint. Mobile data spotty as heck. I have zero signal in my house where my last S7 edge never had one problem with that. Texts in the last days are lucky if they go through on the first try. Downloading messages is problematic and very often requires many times for a picture or something to come in. I.e. this morning was connected to LTE with 1 less than full bars and for 10-15 mins couldn't even pull up Google. Restart seems to connect immediately, then service bars go from full or almost to zero bars for 5-10 mins. Used new sim in box direct from Samsung. Also...just curious if anyone that got the phone on day one, was missing the micro sd card that said it was included in the box. I don't much care, as I'd upgrade it anyways to bigger, but just curious. Also did speed tests multiple times this morn....pics below. Zero upload speed, or close...And voice to text is very lucky if it gets my sentences halfway close to correct....also is slow, and breaks off sentences. Yep $1200 of not happy. I did prl and profile and software updates on day one. No change. Even right now...sitting outside my house, I can't do a speed test, or even connect To a server. Can barely send a text msg, let alone a picture msg.View attachment 300051View attachment 300053View attachment 300054View attachment 300055

The download speeds all look fine. The upload does not. Definitely pointing towards a network issue, and not something with the radio itself. Those speeds would not be obtainable if there was a radio issue.

Ask sprint why you can’t send data upstream.

PetieZ

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the info. This is what I get now.. awesome. Connected to wifi to send this.
e20618f64983263ce8ac427e809e08bc.jpg

T B5

Mar 23, 2019
Visit site
Put me down for reception issues as well. On sprint network. Signal would show I have LTE and always 1 or 2 bars. But pages never load

PetieZ

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I was having the same issues as you all for a few days after receiving my S10+. I did some research and saw that some carriers (most of what I've seen was on Sprint) received a small batch of phones which were having network issues such as loss of data connectivity and roaming issues. I got a new sim and still the same issues. I put the sim in my old Galaxy S9+ and it worked fine so I narrowed it down to the device being the culprit. I went to Sprint and had my phone swapped out because it was a defective device and my new one is working great with no issues (knock on wood). If you're not passed your return window, swap it out and see if it helps. Good luck
Sprint told me basically the same thing....that swapping the phone with a new has been a fix for others. I will have to go back to Samsung to see if they will honor that idea, but will wait a few days to see if a possible software update will help. I am paying for the Samsung care...so that's an added plus if I need to.

PetieZ

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I just spoke to Sprint. Same issues. Samsung did something wrong in the software, and the S10+ phones can't stay on the mobile data network. They had me change my connection from Automatic to LTE/CDMA.

You should know that I had this same issue with my S9+ after a software update in November, and it took some time, but was resolved. My husband's S9+ works fine still.
"Can't stay on the mobile network" EXACTLY!! I'll go from 4 bars LTE to zero bars and an "x" in a nanosecond and not have moved location. Texts and pictures take forever. I just can't comprehend how signal can vary so much.

PetieZ

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Another question for more in the know: and maybe a post for another thread...

Years ago with my galaxy S4 I used to be able to surf and talk at the same time. Data and voice worked simultaneously. Upgrade to S7 and that functionality was lost (dual antenna no longer?).

I heard "heresay" that this S10 was supposed to get that functionality back....but not as of yet. Any insight as to why it was lost or if it's supposed to come back?

It's a pain if I'm in the phone and Waze can't update data etc. Same with emails, MMS etc.

PetieZ

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site

Years ago with my galaxy S4 I used to be able to surf and talk at the same time. Data and voice worked simultaneously. Upgrade to S7 and that functionality was lost (dual antenna no longer?).

I heard "heresay" that this S10 was supposed to get that functionality back....but not as of yet. Any insight as to why it was lost or if it's supposed to come back?

It's a pain if I'm in the phone and Waze can't update data etc. Same with emails, MMS etc.
Again..this is with Sprint..on cellular network, not wifi.

Seems a rather large bit of functionality to get rid of. Other carriers used it as a large marketing point some time ago when I did have it. "Talk and surf at the same time"

imex99

May 16, 2010
Visit site

S10 variants have volte, can talk and use data now.

S8 and a few others have the capability when added via software update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty