Why are my Gmail notifications no longer working on Galaxy S10?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I no longer get Gmail notifications on my Galaxy S10. When I first set up my device, they seem to work, then once everything syncs, they no longer appear. I've tried everything in the app from the "label notifications, notify for every message" to battery settings, to wiping my phone. I cannot for the life of me figure this out! Has anyone else run in to this? Any help is appreciated.

cfeilwsu

Mar 19, 2019
Visit site
So, I might have sorta fixed this issue on my phone. I turned on the "Notification Reminder" then selected "Selected apps" and shut off all the apps except for Gmail. I am now getting the notifications and not just at the 10 minute intervals, but as soon as I get a new email. I have no clue if this just fixed itself somehow or if this made a difference. You might try that and see what happens. With that being said...I'm not thrilled if this is the only solution.

Last edited:

StormyGeo

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Count me in as having the same issue. Am NOT getting any notification sounds from Gmail on my S10+ (ceramic black 512g, Verizon). I've factory reset (ugh), have ALL notification sounds enabled for every category in Gmail and check and re-checked everything. Other notification sounds works FINE for everything else, it's just Gmail that I'm not getting notification sounds. I'm not a novice so I know I have everything enabled and checked that's supposed to be. ANY help or advice would be MOST appreciated. I really LOVE this phone, but not getting Gmail notification sounds is really working my last nerve! Help!!!

cfeilwsu

Mar 19, 2019
Visit site
Did you guys try my solution (notification reminder)? I have been getting my Gmail notifications since I did this. Its like it overrides whatever has shut them off. When I did this, I also turned on the reminders for Google and Google 1. I posted the original question before I had an account, so as of now, my issue has been resolved. I just did a test and the notification appeared within 30 seconds of me sending from my test account. See the screen shot for what I enabled.Screenshot_20190321-085559_Accessibility.jpg

eds817

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
In Gmail there's a setting under NOTIFICATIONS -> INBOX NOTIFICATIONS -> NOTIFY FOR EVERY MESSAGE. Mine was unchecked. I just checked and it seemed to work.

heatherburks

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I've tried both of those fixes and it's still not working. Seems like Gmail isn't refreshing in the background but I can't find any way to get it to.

Imperiu5

Apr 11, 2019
Visit site
I also have the same issue.
None of the battery saving options are enabled.
Notifications are enabled.
Sync is enabled for Gmail.
All inbox items will trigger notifications.

But still no mails or notifications unless I manually open Gmail.
What gives?
I've cleared cache, removed app data and restarted the phone.
Nothing seems to be working!

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I also have the same issue.
None of the battery saving options are enabled.
Notifications are enabled.
Sync is enabled for Gmail.
All inbox items will trigger notifications.

But still no mails or notifications unless I manually open Gmail.
What gives?
I've cleared cache, removed app data and restarted the phone.
Nothing seems to be working!
Also check that your Power Mode is set to High Performance.

Dinozg

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
I'm glad people are having discussions about this problem finally, delayed notifications on various apps are a huge problem on Android, nobody can fix it.

chris006

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the above. Set the notification reminder and checked the setting for notifying for every new message. I did not need to change any power settings. No re-boot was needed but did take about 5 minutes for things to take effect.

benji29

Apr 14, 2019
Visit site
hey Guys, it got nothing to do with notification setting, its your default data saver limit that it has been set to 5gb.

If you're not receiving notifications while on a data connection, it may be due to a feature called Data Saver. In your Settings, go to Connections > Data usage > Data saver to see if it's enabled. tur off data saver

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez