Samsung to push update for 25w charging and night mode for camera?

rescuejg

Feb 22, 2017
Visit site
I'm not following your point. how does going up to 25 watts go inline with being afraid of exploding batteries?
I'm thinking if they are charging too fast there is higher likelihood of over heating. Samsung doesn't need another battery debacle.

If i understand correct s10 has qc2, and apparently qc4 already exists on some other phones.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm thinking if they are charging too fast there is higher likelihood of over heating. Samsung doesn't need another battery debacle.

If i understand correct s10 has qc2, and apparently qc4 already exists on some other phones.

I guess I didn't express myself correctly. What I'm asking is if they're afraid of exploding batteries why would they up the amperage?

rescuejg

Feb 22, 2017
Visit site
I guess I didn't express myself correctly. What I'm asking is if they're afraid of exploding batteries why would they up the amperage?
I'm not sure they are. I speculated they were being conservative since the charging tech (QC 2) was so far behind the times when the rest of the phone is cutting edge.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site

I'm not sure I agree with this. Other manufacturers have super fast charging without exploding phones, so with the changes Samsung has made since the accident, why can't they?

They've already upped the speed of their wireless chargers, and those cause more heat than a charging cable. Their midrange phones already support faster charging, with no incident.

It's time their flagships do the same. They're being passed up by competitors.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
As for Super night mode...I predicted this as soon as the phones released and tech reviewers started calling out poor low light performance.

I'd expect a series of updates over the next 6 months designed to improve camera and FPS performance.

rescuejg

Feb 22, 2017
Visit site
I'm not sure I agree with this. Other manufacturers have super fast charging without exploding phones, so with the changes Samsung has made since the accident, why can't they?

They've already upped the speed of their wireless chargers, and those cause more heat than a charging cable. Their midrange phones already support faster charging, with no incident.

It's time their flagships do the same. They're being passed up by competitors.
i just assumed they are being overly cautious with their flagship. No doubt they can do it.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
i just assumed they are being overly cautious with their flagship. No doubt they can do it.

As long as it was just One Plus with their Dash charging, I don't think Samsung felt any pressure to change. But now they have fallen behind some of the big boys. Both Samsung and Apple need to fend off Huawei in every way they can.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech