06-13-2019 09:08 AM
37 12
tools
    What's everyone using? The navigation bar or the swipe gestures? I've been using the gestures for the most part, but I've been getting annoyed at their inconsistency. I just switched back to the navigation bar so we'll see.
    04-23-2019 11:56 PM
    What's everyone using? The navigation bar or the swipe gestures? I've been using the gestures for the most part, but I've been getting annoyed at their inconsistency. I just switched back to the navigation bar so we'll see.
    NavBar + GoodLock...way more efficiency if you ask me.
    WizeGuyDezignz likes this.
    04-24-2019 12:05 AM
    Navigation bar here. I had tried the gestures in One UI on the Note 9 and just couldn't get used to them.
    04-24-2019 06:33 AM
    Gestures all the way. Combine that with good lock gestures makes this so nice.
    04-24-2019 07:30 AM
    Navigation bar here also.
    04-24-2019 08:24 AM
    Navbar all the way.
    04-24-2019 09:00 AM
    Gesture all the way. Navigation bar is waste of space. I used One Hand gestures with Samsung gestures. Love it.
    04-24-2019 09:05 AM
    Gesture all the way. Navigation bar is waste of space. I used One Hand gestures with Samsung gestures. Love it.
    I keep going back to edge gestures. It seems to work better, Samsung's one hand gestures diagonal swipe doesn't seem to work as well, specially the long diagonal swipes.

Edge gestures has a lot more customization.
    04-24-2019 09:09 AM
    Gestures on all my phones, have said good bye to navigation bar long time back
    04-24-2019 09:16 AM
    Gestures.
    I have not experienced any inconsistency.
    04-24-2019 09:57 AM
    Gestures. Allows more screen than navigation bar and with my old S8, the navigation bar caused burn in after a year.
    04-24-2019 11:29 AM
    It's 2019 --- Gestures all the way.
    If you don't like Samsung's' there are third party gesture apps that work great! (I like Gesture Control, but everyone is different)
    04-24-2019 12:37 PM
    The amount of screen space added by using gestures is so insignificant that it's not even worth mentioning. You don't even look at that part of the screen. Samsung's gestures as implemented also make it so you're putting in more effort to navigate—you're stretching your thumb further and swiping instead of tapping. It's literally more work for an insignificant amount of extra screen space.

So nav bar here.
    04-24-2019 10:38 PM
    The amount of screen space added by using gestures is so insignificant that it's not even worth mentioning. You don't even look at that part of the screen. Samsung's gestures as implemented also make it so you're putting in more effort to navigate—you're stretching your thumb further and swiping instead of tapping. It's literally more work for an insignificant amount of extra screen space.

So nav bar here.
    true enough,i use navbar because im OCD and dont want long smudges on my phone...
    04-24-2019 10:49 PM

So nav bar here.
    Bingo. I couldn't have said it better myself. It's actually less convenient to use the Samsung gestures imo.

There are some apps that I like to back all of the way out of. Sometimes 2-3 taps or more. Swiping that many times takes more time and effort imo.

In short, nav buttons for me!
    Hermes Hidayat and TheMarcus like this.
    04-24-2019 11:42 PM
    I'm using gestures. The HTC U12+ buttons would sink below the screen, I've never even tried it on my S10+ to see how they work because I've been doing gestures right out of the box, so I would have to swipe up to get the buttons to appear and then touch the one I wanted. This saves me the extra step and I'm just as happy with it as I was with buttons. I had to rearrange them to match what I'm used to though, I mean who puts the multi tasking button on the left side, SMH. Otherwise I just swipe and go. Do the Samsung buttons sink into the bottom of the screen to hide while in apps or browsing?
    04-25-2019 01:57 AM
    I'm using gestures. The HTC U12+ buttons would sink below the screen, I've never even tried it on my S10+ to see how they work because I've been doing gestures right out of the box, so I would have to swipe up to get the buttons to appear and then touch the one I wanted. This saves me the extra step and I'm just as happy with it as I was with buttons. I had to rearrange them to match what I'm used to though, I mean who puts the multi tasking button on the left side, SMH. Otherwise I just swipe and go. Do the Samsung buttons sink into the bottom of the screen to hide while in apps or browsing?
    no but gestures has 3 options.which 1 of them shows nothing.
    04-25-2019 02:34 AM
    Gestures all the way without gesture hints !
    04-25-2019 02:55 AM
    no but gestures has 3 options.which 1 of them shows nothing.
    No hints. I think I've been an Android user long enough to know where the buttons should be, besides if I don't want the buttons I don't want those silly lines. Hahahaha.
    04-25-2019 04:03 AM
    No hints. I think I've been an Android user long enough to know where the buttons should be, besides if I don't want the buttons I don't want those silly lines. Hahahaha.
    the 1st option literally has nothing there.i tried it for a few hours and just didnt feel right -_-
    04-25-2019 04:13 AM
    Gestures. I'm so used to them that the nav bar now messes me up because my first instinct is to swipe.
    VidJunky likes this.
    04-25-2019 04:29 AM
    Gestures are great until someone needs to borrow my phone and then it's difficult to explain how to move around. I go back and forth between gestures and nav bar, mostly gestures though.
    04-25-2019 10:57 AM
    Gestures are great until someone needs to borrow my phone and then it's difficult to explain how to move around. I go back and forth between gestures and nav bar, mostly gestures though.
    I was using gestures then I switched back I may try them again. I can't get used to them I'm so used to the normal way.
    04-25-2019 11:22 AM
    Gestures with hints allows mimicking the double tap of the Recents key by swiping from Home to Recents. That's a must for me. Otherwise I'd be G - H all the way!
    04-25-2019 01:26 PM
    Gestures are great until someone needs to borrow my phone and then it's difficult to explain how to move around.
    Isn't that a good thing? Keeps them from getting into something they shouldn't.
    04-25-2019 01:58 PM
37 12